Chapter 25

~I'm not proud of who I am~

[King's POV]

My idea was simple, but then again it could go so terribly wrong. If we go too far, then we will surely get caught. "My plan is" I started and presented my watch which was still fastened around my wrist. "Assuming they haven't taken theirs off which I know they haven't because with a manipulator and lab rat, they only thing they have in common is security, they both need a sense of security to stop them going mad and these watches can contact us, so this is their sense of security. We should be able to track them-" I finish, but Tyro rudely cuts in, "But due to the Government being unhelpful and duplicitous, and the very high chance of moles, we have to make sure we don't alert HQ whilst we hack into the watches" he finishes. I glare at him as he types away on his computer but then my gaze returns to my teammates, "we will alert HQ we are alive when we get Dax and Stace, though. They might be duplicitous, but we don't have any other choice." I deadpanned, looking at their sullen expressions as I tell them this. "Why exactly do we have no choice?" Domo queried, "well, they are the frigging government. If they wanted to find us, they could" I retorted, which led to more sighs.

"I made a serum that can knock anyone out in a 30m radius just in case we encounter 'unfriendlies'. It won't affect us because if we take this pill, we will be immune but unfortunately I only have 2" Amo said, producing 2 grey cans and 2 purple pills.

"One from each pair must go, preferably Amo since he knows how to use his own gas serum" Tyro said, we all agreed. It was just between Tyro and I now, I didn't care either way and I can tell neither did he. "I don't care enough, King can go" he announced before getting up and walking to his office, leaving us all speechless in his wake. "Well, talk about heartless. The dude is a black hole" Domo mumbled under her breath, [A/N: by 'black hole' she means a void of life] Amo let out a small chuckle and shook his head, staring off in the direction Tyro exited, "he is a smart bastard, I'll give him that" he mumbled under his breath. "What do you mean?" I asked, "he has obviously already located Dax and Stace, he knows that your skill set will be more useful than his" Amo claimed whilst picking up the laptop that Tyro had left closed on the table. He opened it and spun it around so I could see where they were on Google satellite, it seemed to be an abandoned building, but it was fairly close by. "They are in Munich!" Domo screeched. Ah! So, we were in Germany after all. "Dax and Stace are smart. Hiding where they can't be found" Domo squealed, I hope they are safe, but this abandoned warehouse is just too perfect, I don't know how Dax or Stace would've managed to find it. Or maybe that's just the paranoia telling me that there is danger round every corner. It doesn't matter now; we need to get to them.

Domo, Amo and I sat in the car, Tyro said he had more important things to do so decided to withdraw himself from attending our rescue mission. I know Tyro is a cold heart so I didn't question it, I will set the building alight in his honour though, then brag about it when we get back to the safe house just to make him jealous. We sat in the car outside the abandoned building that apparently Dax and Stace where in. "We should be out in a few minutes, wait in the car and if you hear trouble for any reason, hide or save yourself, got it?" I asked Domo, she nodded but didn't say a word. I nodded in acknowledgement and exited the car followed by Amo. How did we get a car you ask? Well, we just put fuel in the one Tyro, and I drove in. How did we get fuel? Well, where there is an arsonist, there is fuel. He had gallons of petroleum claiming he liked the smell of it, especially when it burnt, I didn't question his crazy, I just took a few litres to fill up the tank.

We approached the door of the barn but as Amo was about to open it, I stopped him abruptly. "Stop it's bobby trapped" I hissed, grabbing his arm before he could open the door. "OK? How do you know that and why would Stace and Dax bobby trap the door?" he asked lamely, I pointed to a small silver thread that had clearly, accidentally got trapped in the door. "If you open it then whatever this thread is connected to will be set off. I knew I got a bad vibe form this place" I muttered, "It doesn't matter, Stace and Dax are in there or at least their watches are, we need to find a way to get in without being spotted" Amo suggested, I nodded and looked up. A window, perfect. "I will get to the window and help you up, we can look around once we are inside", he nodded agreeing with my plan before I bounded up the side of the building and caught onto the window ledge, hauling myself up and into the open window. I leaned over and stuck my hand out for Amo to jump up and hold onto. After a few tries he managed to grab my hand and, with struggle, I pulled him through the window.

It was very dark, resulting in us blindly stumbling around trying to be as quiet as we could be. "I can hear something" I whispered, we moved loser to the sound to find Stace and Dax out cold, tied to wooden chairs whilst some people discussed around them. Amo let out a small yelp as he saw the state our friends were in. I slapped my hand over his mouth, but I was well aware that they had heard. "I am going to kill you, if they don't kill you first" I sneered in Amo's ear whilst cursing under my breath.

Moments later, hands gripped our necks, and we were surrounded. A dozen guns aimed at us, as if we were stupid enough to resist in this situation. I feel something cold wrap around my neck and I look to Amo and see a black collar on him, what is that? I don't get to find out because I feel a mild shock run throughout my body, leaving me on my knees. It's not that it hurt but it was so unexpected that my body couldn't prepare for it. A whack to the head soon followed, and darkness after that.

"Taylor wing and the Smith wing, you are expected at the dinner hall in 10 minutes. You already know what happens if you dare to be late!" a voice echoed through the speakers that were installed in every room. When we arrived here, we were each divided and given a leader. This leader's last name became our last name. I was in the Taylor wing, hence my name Kingide Taylor. It was supposed to give us the sickly sense of a new family and also supposed to reminded us how lonely we really are, stripped from our family with only mercenaries, assassins, brutes, and our demons as our 'family' now. "Bes, be quick! We can't be late" I called out. I was watching Bes train, we each had to complete a certain number of exercises every day. Due to Bes being sick in the morning, he skipped it, so he had to make up for it now by doing double. "81, 82, 83..." Bes counted, doing push-ups, and groaning when he reached the upwards phase. He had to do 120 which was double than what we originally had to do. 9 minutes had passed, and he was on his 117th one. "We need to run!" I exclaimed as soon as he had finished, but he was so tired, that he could barely walk. "Climb on my back, you sack of potatoes" I demanded, and he laughed and climbed on. I ran us both to the hall, though his weight was slowing me down. I set Bes down and pushed him into the hall, of course he landed on his face, but he technically made it in time. As I was walking into the hall, I was stopped by the door. For I had made 1 second late. I wanted to protest but I didn't want to make my punishment worse, so with a look of guilt and worry flashing on Bes face, they escorted me to wherever I was going to receive my punishment. 5 whips on the back and no food for the night. To be honest, it was the lightest punishment I had ever received, so I took it like a champ and went to bed starving. Before I could be pulled into the land of nightmares, I heard Bes sit on my bed and whisper "I'm sorry in my ear". I didn't blame him at all for it though.

I woke up chained to a wall in a dark, cold room. Bes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short Chapter! I just felt like leaving it on a cliff hanger ;)