Chapter 11

~Escape plan? When no one is left, walk out the front door - Jacob Frye~

[King's POV]

I was ready. I lifted the gun and aimed it at Eustace, she looked in my eyes and they were clouded with betrayal. Bang! Bang! Bang! I shot the gun 3 times. The next few seconds blurred together but when I heard the hollow sound of a body crashing to the ground I regained my senses and smiled. You can take the girl out of the assassin but you can't take the assassin out of the girl, that made no sense but what  I'm trying to say is 'for the first time in almost a year, I felt like I was back in assassin mode. Indestructible'.

I jumped in the air and kicked the 2 brutes beside me, a perfect split. I retrieved my throwing knives and threw 3 of them to the 3 gang members standing behind my friends. I defeated the rest of the brutes by myself, with the aid of my twin pistols and throwing knives. By the time I was done, Tyro had cut everyone's rope and they were all standing there, amazed at the scene. Eustace was still shaking from fright, I would never shoot her. The bullets found their way to Flint Juniors throat, absolute genius. I know. His suit was bullet proof and he predicted that he would see me aim at his face so I would fail because he would dodge. He never say me flick the gun around to aim it at him though. Eustace ran up to me and hugged me, it's been 10 years since I was last hugged, I didn't even know what to do. She started crying, "Why would you scare me like that?" She screeched, I wanted to laugh but I held it in, "I'm sorry Stacee" I cooed, she still cried. I gestured for Dakari to comfort her because I know he was the only one that could settle her.

We all put our watches on our wrist, "There is a GPS application" Amour claimed, he led the group out of the field, and into a forest. We walked for 20 minutes, Tyro and I in the back of the group, strolling at our own pace, "That was smart of you" he claimed, "Oh wow, is the almighty Ty admitting that I'm better than him" I joked, he rolled his eyes and nudged me. "If you really had to shoot someone, would you have actually shot Eustace?" He quizzed, "Of course not" I replied, I'm no angel but Eustace is probably the most innocent one of us all. If I really had to choose, it would've been Tyro, he knows that as well.  "I know you would've shot me" he mumbled, I nodded, neither denying nor agreeing to his statement. "Guys we are at HQ" Amour called from the front, Tyro and I quickened our pace. What I saw in front of me was scary, panic ensued, hundreds of trucks and people scurrying around, what happened?How long had we'd been gone? We ran inside the building, made our way to Blake's Office and crashed in without knocking, he seemed to be in the middle of a meeting but everyone froze when they saw us. "They're back!" an unknown person cheered. Blake immediately used the microphone that was connected to all the speakers in this division, "They're back! Cancel all search parties". "Where have you been?" he yelled at us, "You known, busy. Got kidnapped, you know the fun stuff" I replied, flatly. "Well you've been gone for 3 days. When I went to the house almost all the windows were smashed and so was the front door, there was a residing chemical smell and we'd figured that someone caught scent of your recent mission and wanted to exterminate you" a member of the meeting added, "Well, yeah. Basically" Domo remarked. "We got kidnapped by the gang leader of Liam's gang. I had my suspicions that he was working with the secret empire" Tyro intervened. I really just wanted to go to my room and sleep.

After a long debriefing meeting we were finally allowed to go back home, it seemed like they hadn't fixed the wreckage for when we arrived the door and windows were still smashed, our broken furniture still littered  the room. "Let's get cleaning" Dax tiredly said, "Tomorrow, for now let's just sleep" I begged, after we all agreed I bounced up the stairs to my room and dove onto my bed, allowing sleep to wash over me.