Chapter 8

~We determine who we are by what we do~

[Amour's POV]

The ride to Liam's apartment was silent, I wasn't scared. What's the worse that could happen? Tyro claimed that they should be out in 15 minutes, I trusted that if nothing went wrong then he would be out even before that. Domo and I moved to the back seats as Tyro and King left the car. "So..." I drawled hoping she started a conversation. She lay her head on my lap as she toyed with the ends of her hair. She doesn't even know what she does to me when she does things like this, "Why you so quiet cupcake?" she jokingly flirts, "I... uh" I stuttered, she realised this and let out a beautiful laugh. "I've been working on something, want to see?" I quickly said, she lifted her head and nodded. It was a metal disk, it electrocutes anyone within 2 metres of it. I had only made 2 so far. "These, you press the button and you have 2 seconds to get 2 metres away, it sticks to everything so you would just throw it and steer clear. She looked impressed, a feeling of accomplishment ran through me, if only she knew.

[Domo's POV]

After telling me about his invention I lay back in his lap, he was so warm and comfortable I could probably fall asleep. The steady sound of his breathing made me forget all my troubles, my past and everything bad. I feel like I'm in euphoria whenever I'm with him, if only he knew. It had been around 7 minutes and there was still no sign of the dangerous duo, that's what I call Tyro and King. A black, expensive looking jeep parked inside the compound of the apartments. Lots of men filed out of the car as another veichle arrives, and then another. "Oh damn!" Amour whisper-shouts, "Calm down Amo, we need to think about this if we want to live another day" I declared as at least 15 men started to walk around the gate. "Maybe your electric disk thingy can help?" I offered, he then started to explain a plan. His plan was full of gaps and probably lead to our death but it was the best we had so we put it into action. I exited the car, "Hey boys! I now all about your gang and mediocre fighting skills so show me what you got!" I bellowed, nonsense sprouting out of my mouth yet it seemed to get them angry, perfect. The dashed after me, I was fast and good at climbing trees so I used my abilities to my advantage. It's been a while since I've gotten to enjoy the thrill of being chased, the adrenaline that pumps through you, making you feel invincible, I loved it. Whilst these 3 brutes chased me I noticed that the rest went inside, Tyro and King are screwed, for sure. Amour had escaped the car and was setting up the trap I was going to lead them too, funny thing is he never told me where the trap, just told me to wait for the signal then run up the nearest tree. I had been running for a few minutes and my legs were getting weak. "REESE'S" Amour bellowed from an unknown destination, I found a tre that would be easy to climb and within 5 seconds I was at the top. Amour also happened to be in this tree, "Crunchy is still the best chocolate" I whispered to him, he rolled his eyes as a response and looked down. I wondered what he was looking it then I realised the trap had work. There were 3 men on top of each other having random shock attacks due to the amount of electricity running through them, "I just hope Tyro and King don't die" he mumbled, as if on cue we heard a rounds of bullets being recklessly fired inside the apartment building. Several windows were broken and I knew that our team were dead.

Amo and climbed down the tree, it was evident that he didn't know how because by the time we were at the bottom he was panting like he had run a race. "They're gone" I stuttered, he looked at me silently begging me not to cry, "you guys good?" I heard someone ask and my head spun around to the person, Tyro! They were alive. Still, I rolled my eyes in response and Amo and I along with the dangerous duo and their victim, entered the vehicle. I saw the gruesome scene of King pulling out a bullet from her arm, I would've thrown up but she looked like she knew what she was doing. Yet, I was still shocked at how skilfully she administered first-aid on herself in a speeding car. Curiosity getting the best of me, I asked "Wow, how did you do that all by yourself?", I got a vague response but was still amazed, nonetheless.

[Amours' POV]

We arrived at the airfield later than intended, Dakari and Eustace raced over to us, yapping someone gibberish about us being late, well while they have been here getting cosy, we were fighting a bunch of brutes, no I should say 'defeating' because that's what we did. Tyro hauled Liam's limp body into the aircraft and King tied him securely into one of the passenger seats when if it was up to me, I would throw him in a cage and run some test whilst he was asleep, he wouldn't feel a thing. King ambled off to the bathroom probably, but I was confused when Tyro followed, Domo and I started postulating some ideas on what could be going on, "I doubt they like each other, they're both so... rigid and hard hearted" Domo explained, yeah I was thinking the same thing. Dax and Stace soon joined in on our conversation, looking more intrigued as we made up a bunch of random scenarios that could be taking place. "Oh wow! Is that so?" a voice came from behind us, King. "How long have you been standing there?" the idiot, Dax, chimed. I facepalmed and waited for King's response, "Long enough to know that none of any of that happened" she laughed, I'm glad that she was more chill than Tyro about this, Tyro would probably shoot us all. "How are you so chill? Tyro would probably chop our heads off" Eustace  remarked, "Would definitely chop your heads off, and why do I need to chop your heads off?" Tyro had walked in, "No reason!" we all chorused as King chuckled, he turned to her expecting an answer, I prayed she wouldn't snitch and much to my luck, she didn't. She shrugged and walked away to her seat. After an harsh, accusatory glance by Tyro, he went back to his seat which unfortunately wasn't anywhere near King.

[Dominic's POV]

It was fun, laughing and joking around like friends do. It shed a new light on the team for me. Despite our past and anything that happened before being brought here, we all had each other's back. That's what mattered. We were back home 13 hours later. It seemed so surreal, so perfect. Too perfect. I just hoped that no one caught our scent and knew we were investigating the mysterious empire. But still, I had an insistent, nagging feeling that this was a bit too easy. All of a sudden a loud bang was heard. A sound so loud I'm sure HQ heard it. Next followed glass windows smashing. Oh dear...