Chapter 30

~How will the murdered man convince his assassin he will not haunt them~

- Malcom Lowry

King's POV

Don't cry, this is what you have been wanted for 10 years.

Don't breathe it in.

Don't try to escape.

Smile.

Keep smiling.

Your wish has been granted.

I'm sorry God, I wasn't a good person. I wasn't a good daughter. You loved me and I disobeyed you, please forgive me God, I hope you can forgive me.

I woke up in the morning, I wish I knew the time but knowing my body it was probably around 6.10am (assuming the time zone was the same as England's). I wanted to stay asleep but Blake said the jet to pick us up was coming at 7.30am so we needed to get going. I led them to believe we were at an abandoned field and that's where the jet is landing. I got ready and packed up everything that I brought, which wasn't a lot. Everyone came down stairs shortly after me.

There was six of us and we had a 5 seater car. This was going to be interesting.

Tyro and I sat in the front, he drove silently and I heard groans occasionally coming from the back as our 4 teammates squashed into a 3 seater. "Can someone check if they are tailing us?" Domo asked from the middle where she was squashed between Stace and Amo. I quickly checked in my side mirrors and saw a black car following, I said nothing but when I checked 20 minutes later, it was still there. "I think there is-" Tyro gripped my thigh so I wouldn't speak, "what?" I hissed at him, "don't." is all he replied before pulling up to the airfield. Our teammates watched this encounter with curious glares but I ignored them all and went back to being silent.

We arrived soon later; the jet was nowhere in sight. "I wonder if Blake knows what we have been through these past few days" Domo queries, I started to wonder that as well, but it wouldn't make a difference either way. Whether he knew or not doesn't matter, all that matters is that he knows something went down and I'm sure he does since we are all gathered in Germany instead of our respective places.

I walked closer to Tyro, his overly tall build towering over mine. "That black car I saw earlier. It's here" I whispered but acted as if we weren't talking as well. I restrained myself from stealing obvious glances at the mystery car. "Why didn't you let me tell the team?" I demanded to know, he rolled his eyes as if he was talking to a curious 5-year-old, wondering why the sky was blue. "No matter what either of us do, I doubt we can stop the inevitable. I just don't want them to be worried and closed minded. When the time comes, everyone needs to keep a clear head, worrying them will prevent that" he explained, drawling on as if he was speaking to an idiot. "I know you won't admit it but somewhere in that ice heart you have a soft spot for all of us" I chime, earning a highly exaggerated eye roll from him. "Don't think much of it just don't want to watch you people die yet", "yet? I see" I mutter.

The jet came only a few minutes later. A small grey jet. Blake emerged from the door and gestured to us to come in. "We want you all to debrief us what happened to each of you when we get back to base" Blake sternly voiced, "No I'm so glad your safe? No welcome back to the land of the safe? Don't tell me you didn't miss us" Amo teased, Blake huffed and walked away to the cockpit, "I'll take that as a no" Amo mumbled under his breath with a smirk still on his face. His armoured arm was covered with a glove and a long sleeve fleece. He had a strong muscular build, so the arm didn't look out of place. "Domo, can I talk to you?" Amo whispered to her, she sighed then stood up to follow him to wherever.