Chapter 14

~I didn't want to hurt them, I only wanted to kill them  - David Berkowitz~

[King's POV]

It's been a day since we got here, we are tailing the next suspected victim yet nothing seems to be happening. Maybe Liam gave them fake information to throw them off the scent. "Hey Amo, can I borrow your map of victims that were abducted?" I asked, he nodded and handed me the A1 paper. I stole a pencil from Ty's room and started connecting the dots. At first it didn't look like anything as I connected the people in chronological order but when I was finished I stepped back a little. It's a symbol, "Tyro!" I called, I heard him grunt a reply, "Come here, please!". He emerged into my room, "what do you want now, Deedee?" he taunted, "Look at this, is it what I think it is?" I asked. The room fell silent as we both looked at the drawing that had been created from me connecting the points on the map. "Oh no...".

(A/N: I made the annotation and symbol on this map)

After everyone filed into my room Tyro and I showed them the map. "What is that symbol?" Eustace questioned, "It means Purify" Ty replied, "whoever is abducting the people are very smart. Leaving a message for anyone that is getting to nosy. If it's what I think then they are probably trying to 'purify' the western civilisation" I exclaimed. "Amour, how do you purify something that contaminated?" Domo questioned, "get rid of impurities" he replied, candidly. "I just hope to God they aren't racist" Dakari murmured, we gave him an accusatory glare "oh I said that aloud?" , he laughed yet it wasn't a joke. Who are the impurities?

"Guys our target was called this afternoon by a mystery number, told to meet at the beach at 6pm, lots of threats were given. He will be alone" Dakari said, its 5pm now. He managed to see and hear every text or call our suspect received ever since we arrived. "Good man" Amo claimed as he clapped Dax on the back, we wore casual outfits, yet took most of our weapons. I left my sniper seeing as I wasn't supposed to kill anyone, 'good dog' I murmured annoyed at myself for obeying their command, like a blind follower. I didn't ask for this. The cold metal of my throwing knives rubbed against my legs as I walked down the shore with my team, I was ready for anything. "Split into the pairs and spread out, we need visual from all points" I ordered, with swift nods from everyone they did as they were told without protest. Ty stayed behind with me, I was so used to being his pair, we were stronger together no doubt about that and I'm glad he knew it as well. The area where the kidnapping would happen was surrounded by a lot of trees and a 24 hour fast-food restaurant but due to the awkward time (almost 6pm) this place was pretty much empty with few passer-by's minding their business. Tyro and I climbed one of the trees close-by which offered a perfect view of the area where the meeting would take place. "We need minimal casualties, we need to find a way to get rid of witnesses" I whispered to Tyro, "since when do you care about random people?" he snickered, I sent him a harsh glare and he raised his hand in mock surrender but quickly put them down to steady himself on the tree once again. "I'm going to text Stace and Dax, they are probably closest to the civilians right now" I informed Tyro as I sent a message to the pair. It took about 5 minutes before I heard a low hum from my watch. 'On it, boss' Dax had texted, I could imagine his strange laugh as he sent it. "It's almost time" Tyro observed.