Chapter 7

~Don't blink or you'll miss me~

A/N: The next few chapters are all the same day but from different points of view

This chapter:

Kingide's POV (with a little bit of Tyro's POV, *don't worry it will be indicated*)

Enjoy!

[Kingide's POV]

I woke up early, again. 6am to be exact. I really hope one day I will break this bludgeon habit of mine. I guess when something is beaten and forced into you it doesn't ever really leave, wow who would've known *sarcasm*. Some days, very rarely, I'm thankful for all the training the institute I grew up in gave me, even though it was brutal and done with unnecessary force, I'm grateful sometimes, on days like this, I am grateful. On days where my survival and triumph rely purely on the skills I was given. At the institute it was 'de rigueur' to have the ability to fight off 5 fully grown people simultaneously, crazy right? No wonder so many of us children broke, I remember the broken ones would grow very sick or maybe they would start rambling nonsense or some would just fall asleep and not wake up, lucky bastards.

I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. After making sure there were no occupants and entered and showered, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. I wore simple grey straight-leg jeans and a red short sleeved top, that was too big for me, because I stole it from Tyro, I just wanted to piss him off but I don't really plan on giving it back, it looks nicer on me. I exit the bathroom and see Tyro sitting in the small living room, "Hey" I mumble as I proceed to make coffee, he looks at me then looks down to my t-shirt. His face remains blank, for a second, I thought he didn't know it was his shirt, "You think I didn't see you take it" oh, I guess he did know. "Why didn't you stop me?" I ask sitting next to him as the water boils on the kettle, "Didn't care" was his response, I let out an exaggerated sigh, "You're no fun" he laughs his annoying humourless laugh and nods, "I didn't care because you took it, if it was anyone else I would cut their arm off" He uttered, I didn't know if he was joking or not but I didn't care, I chuckled a bit and clicked my tongue "Why is that?", "because the other would give it back, I don't want to wear it if they have been in it, in fact they would probably even tell me they borrowed. Now where's the fun in that?". I see, the monster likes to play games, well so do I. Domonic soon awoke, "Good morning" she tiredly greeted, after our replies she proceeded to enter the bathroom.

Everyone was ready for the unpredictable day that lay ahead, "I know this is a possibility so I'm just going to say it... Please refrain from dying on this mission, it's a simple task retrieve 'Liam Winters' and get out of this country, easy" Domonic demanded, "Eustace and I will meet you guy at the airfield at 5pm, that's when our plane comes, please be quick because the pilot is only allowed to stay grounded for 60 minutes and that's to refuel" Dakari stated, "Good luck everyone" Amour cheered, Tyro and I both scoffed simultaneously, "Luck doesn't exist" I muttered before standing up from the small coffee table we all crowded around, I made my way back to my bed to collect my weapons. If luck existed, I wouldn't have been kidnapped or drafted to hell for almost 10 years of my life, luck is dependant people and that will never be me.

The car ride to Liam's apartment was silent, Amour and Domo sat in the front whilst Tyro and I occupied the back. "It's 3.45 we should be back here by 4 maybe a bit later, depends" Tyro exclaimed, with swift nods from everyone Tyro and I exited the car. "Climb to the top and enter through a window?" I offered, he simply nodded and I used my parkour skills to run and bound up the side of the stout apartment building, I clutched onto a metal balcony and hauled myself up, it was someone else's home but no one was home. I climbed in through an open window and from the inside I buzzed in Tyro. We made our way to where Liam's apartment was located. "How do we get in?" I questioned, he then produced a paper clip, he begun disfiguring it before inserting it skilfully into the lock, after a few moments a satisfying, soft click was heard. I gave him a proud nod before I sauntered quietly into the apartment. The outside door led directly to a living room area; he wasn't here. I motioned to Tyro signalling ' go that way' as I pointed to a door at the corner of the room, as he was about to open the door a loud buzz came from a small metal box next to the door that led outside the apartment. I quickly grabbed Tyro's arm and we both hid in a very concealed area at the corner of the room. We were concealed by numerous plastic plants and the lack of lighting, in this part of the room. Liam then emerged from the door that Tyro was about to open, he angrily ripped out his earphones from his ears and trudges over to the metal box, "What!?" he gruffly yells to the box whilst holding down a button located at the bottom, "Subitis 107" a low voice murmurs, Liam's eyes widen in urgency and buzzes his guests in. "Subitis means emergency in Latin, I think they are onto us" Tyro whispers, "well then we better get the heck out of here" I muttered quietly, 7 men came in, at least 5 with visible guns but they are all probably armed. I left my sniper in Amour's car, leaving me with my twin pistols and throwing knives. The 7 men started to make themselves comfortable on the sofa that were placed around the edges of the living room, "This isn't right, if there are 7 here that means there's more outside. It's like they knew we came" Tyro utters under his breath. I looked at him confused, "They aren't going to just stroll here, especially with all those weapons. They obviously took a car, if they took a care there would be at least 2 people in the car to make sure it doesn't get stolen. They are gang members they take pride in the fancy things in life. But they said it was an emergency meaning that there would be more than just 2 in the car waiting, so I there guys are outside and probably more than 2, Amo and Domo are outside as well and with an emergency they would probably scope the area meaning..." he looked at me and I finished his sentence, "Domo and Amo are screwed".