Boundaries

Chapter 01 Boundaries

There is a boundary that is impossible to cross, a white line to separate our life's.

Felix sat on his bed; his arms wrapped around his legs. His attention focussed on his book while he slowly bobbed his head to the music that was blasting in his ears through his. As usual he put his headphone on full volume, drowning out all the other sounds in the room. His back is turned to the centre off the room, blocking out everything that was happening on the other bed. He became used to it, ignoring what is happening not even 3 meters away. With his back turned, his eyes on a book, he did not have to see it. With his headphones on he did not have to hear it. The buzzing of his phone caught his attention. He looked at the text message before letting out a sigh, taking of his headphones and without turning his head to the other side of the room he walked to the door. When he opened it, revealing his friend Jisung standing there. Jisung only had to peek one look into the room before turning bright red, taking a step back. "Ah... I'm sorry... I was just wondering if I could borrow your English notes..." The poor guy mumbled as he stared at the floor trying to ignore the scene that was going on behind Felix.

Felix let out a sigh moving back to his desk to grab some papers before getting out of his own dorm room, closing the door behind him. To protect Jisung's innocent eyes. He gave the guy a smile, waving the notes in front of his face. "This is the only reason you ever come looking for me, huh? To borrow my English notes." Instead of trying to grab the notes his friend frowned at him. Felix put the notes down. "What?" Jisung shook his head. "Felix this is not okay, you can't just let him bring girls to the room every time." Felix shrugged; he was used to it by now. For the past months his roommate has brough a girl into their room almost every night. As if, thinking about the man summoned him, the door of their dorm room, opened up revealing a shirtless Changbin. "You guys talking about me?" Changbin moved in closer, putting an arm around Felix his shoulder. A shiver ran down his back as he felt Changbin's breath on his neck.

"If it isn't our campus newly announced playboy" Jisung muttered with an unamused face as he looked at Changbin. "That's mean" He replied as he leaned further against Felix his back, pouting at the squirrel guy in front of him. Jisung just crossed his arms frowning "You bring girls to your dorm room to fool around, not even caring If your roommate is there or not... that's sick... and you Felix..." Felix looked up in shock trying to ignore the warm naked chest of the man who was pressing against him from behind. "You just stay inside... you say nothing while he keeps bringing in girls... doing who knows what in that bed... no wait that's wrong... you know what he does because you are there." Felix just shrugs before elbowing Changbin, pushing him away. He didn't care, that is what he always told himself. He did not care what Changbin did, not even when he did it in their shared room. He pushed his English notes in Jisung's hand "Whatever he does... it's none of my concern." His expression was blank and his voice emotionless as he turned around and moved back into the room. Not even glancing at the girl in the other bed as he sat back on his own putting his headphones back on, closing himself off from the world again.

Jisung was left standing there in the frame of the open door, his face filled with disbelief.  Changbin grinned and shrugged taking a few steps back into the room. "He is just indifferent to his own surroundings, he doesn't care about anything or anyone, what can you do about it?" He spoke, his voice obviously mocking Felix his friend. He gave Jisung a wave before giving a small pull on the door, letting it fall shut. When he turned around he faced the girl on his bed, begging him to come back. He quickly jumped back into bed.

The girl pointed at something and Changbin nodded. "Hey Felix..." He threw a pillow at the Felix, when he wouldn't respond his music drowning out the sounds in the room. When Felix looked up, he slowly removed his headphones "Help me out will you? Can you pass me back that lipstick?" Changbin said as he pointed at the lipstick that had rolled over the white line in their room. Felix stared at it for a moment before slowly moving off the bed, grabbing the lipstick from his side of the room and throwing it back to Changbin, receiving a bright smile. "Thank you." he said happily as he handed it back to the girl. Felix just rolled his eyes moving back to his own bed, while Changbin's full attention had returned to girl.

He put his headphones back on but instead of turning around, he stared at that white line for a bite longer. That thin white line in the middle of their dorm room, it showed the boundaries. They made a promise that they would never cross that thin white line to the other side of the room. They would not step into the others territory. He let out a sigh and let himself fall face forward into his pillow. Blocking the outside world till it was only him, only him and his music. With a swift move he pulled the blankets over his head, engulfing himself in complete darkness. It's alright... As long as I have my back to them, I won't see anything... As long as I have my headphones on, I won't hear anything. Their raw heat will diffuse before it gets to me... it's alright

No one can reach me

——————————————————————————

    ❣ Author Note

Hello... I am back with another story. This one is going to be a short one compared to my other two stories, 10 chapters long.

Please tell me what you think!