Chapter 7: Elric

•••

•••

"Where did you say he lived again?" Aileen asked.

"The country side." Irene only said.

It had been four days that Irene and Aileen were travelling to the country side, looking for Irene's friend. They were heading to the Aberbethy Forest.

"It's been a long time since I hadn't seen him. But I doubt he moved. He enjoyed being away from humans. Everyone of his kind does."

"Wouldn't it be better if I stay with you?" Aileen asked. Irene frowned, looking at her.

"You can't. You can't even control your thirst." Irene shortly said.

"But how would I learn about the vampire world without a vampire?" Aileen pointed out.

"Elric knows everything you need to know." Irene said.

"So his name is Elric..." Aileen muttered to herself. "But wouldn't it be better to stay with a vampire? We're both the same."

"You can't." Irene just said. She couldn't let no one come with her after what happened. The memories, the pain of what happened to Mali was still too fresh. She couldn't let that happen again. It Aileen comes with her, death was waiting for her.

After some more hours, Irene and Aileen walked along an route and passed through forest. Approaching the tree line, the blonde noticed a strange symbol engraved on a trunk. She smiled. The two vampires kept walking until they reached large field.

"We're here." Irene smiled. Aileen frowned, perplex.

"You're sure? Because there is just... grass." Aileen looked around.

"Just a few kilometers away." Irene said as she resumed walking, Aileen close behind.

As they keep walking, only grass could be see. Aileen was started to think that Irene could be wrong and that now one was living near here. That was until, far away in front of her, she caught sight of a very high house. It wasn't house like she used to be, it was like a small tower. The building was four stairs high. The wall were white and covers with leaves. Surrounding the house were fields of pumpkins and a scarecrow.

As soon as they had reached the house, a man went out, a large smile plastered on his lips. Dressed in a long and neat black coat, he seemed to have been waiting for them to arrive. His onyx hair were ondulating till his shoulders. His face was ornated with a horseshoe moustache of the same color. He seemed to be in his forties. His eyes were gentle yet looking playful. At the first sight, we could see how of a good person he was. It couldn't be explained, but his aura was reassuring and comforting.

"Ah! Sweet Irene, what a surprise!" He cheerfully exclaimed, opening wide is arms. Irene smiled as they both met mid way. "You didn't age a bit." He joked, hugging Irene.