Chapter 12: The Other Half of my Soul

•••

•••

The day I left Forks, I left another part of me behind. And I got it back when I came back.

"Why are you so cold with Jacob?" Irene asked, sat on a tree branch. "I mean, yes he is our natural enemy but he is not that bad. Now that Seth has imprinted on Renesmee, there will be no fight anymore."

Aileen scoffed. She, alongside with Irene, was in the wood. She wanted to train and have a better control of her gift. There was a chance they would fight the Volturi. So Aileen had to be able to use her gift in a fight to help herself, but also everyone else.

"Shifters are annoying." Aileen grunted as she lowered the gravity on a rock, making it floating.

"He's your mate." Irene pointed out.

"I'd rather die than spend the rest of my eternity with him." She stubbornly said. Irene chuckled.

"Don't be like that. You cannot run away from the bond, from your feelings."

"You did." Aileen pointed out.

"Indeed. But it's different. I did it to protect him. Besides, it did hurt me. I just didn't show it." Irene said. "Why do you hate shifters so much anyway? You never met one before."

"I did actually." Aileen said, using her gift to crunched down the rock, breaking it. "Elric never met wolf shifters and he heard there were some in Australia. We went there and they tried to kill me. If it wasn't for Elric, it would have end up in a blood bath. And since I don't have any, I let you guess who would have won."

Irene chuckled. Aileen stayed silent for a moment. She seemed lost in her thoughts. She then turned to Irene.

"What did you feel when you first met Edward?" She asked.

Irene didn't answer immediately. A small and soft smile found its way to her lips.

"I've always ran away from the Volturi," Irene started. "I never had a proper life, I had never settled down for years. I didn't have any goal. All I was thinking of was being discreet, not being found by the Volturi and protect my brother. And when I met Edward..."

Irene voice trailed off. She paused a moment, thinking back of the first time she saw him.

"I felt like I was brought back to life." Irene continued. "I felt my heart beating again, my blood flowing in my veins again. I felt my world turning again. I've found another reason to live. I've found the other half of my soul, the missing part of myself. He has given me another reason to fight, a reason to stay. But as paradoxal as it sounds, he gave me another reason to leave. The Volturi would have used him against me, I couldn't stay."

"You left because you love him." Aileen said.

"I love him more than you can imagine. It's beyond words. " Irene smiled, lost in her thoughts. The blonde snapped back into reality and looked down at Aileen. She to seemed to be lost in her thoughts.