Chapter 11: A Brother and a Sister

•••

•••

Deep down, I hoped he would have forgive me as soon as I got here. But I was just fooling myself. He was hurt.

Irene and Aileen were standing in the balcony of the Cullen's house. A day had passed since they both arrived. The sun was high in the sky but hidden by the clouds. Snow wasn't there yet. They still had time before the Volturi arrived. Some vampires, along side with Bella, Tony, Edward and Carlisle were in the living room, discussing about battle strategy. The day before Irene and Aileen arrived, Vladimir and Stefan came. They told them the Volturi were collecting witnesses for a fight. Since then, they were trying to find a way to counter Jane's and Alec's gifts.

"Aro will want us incapacitated before he attacks. Jane and Alec will try and take me out first because I can anticipate their moves." Irene heard Edward said. She tensed. The only thought of him screaming of pain because of Jane's terrible gift made her worry sick, it infuriated her. Irene wouldn't let that happen either. Jane already took Clémence, Irene won't let her take Edward away from her.

"Too bad we don't all have your shield." Garret said.

"Doesn't help me fight, though." Bella answered.

Irene frowned. So Bella was gifted. And she was a shield. That didn't surprise Irene though. That explained why her gift, and any other psychic gift couldn't work on her.

"No, but you could help the rest of us, if you could project it." Tanya said.

"What do you mean?" Bella asked, confused.

"I mean shield someone other than yourself." The leader of the Denali coven answered.

"Is that possible?" Bella asked again.

"Gifts can be developed. Over time." Carlisle said.

"At first, mine was just in my palms. Now I can radiate it all over my body." Kate agreed.

"How do you do it? Tell me." Bella said, eager to learn.

"Ow." Kate said. Irene smiled a little. Bella was extremely strong, she was still a newborn.

Soon after, Irene heard people standing up. Seconds later, the group of vampire were going out of the house, heading to the woods. They were still within sight for Irene and Aileen.

It wasn't too hard to guess that Kate agreed to be teaching Bella how to develop her shield.

"You need to visualize it." The pale blond vampire said. "See how it moves. What color it is. Now picture it expanding. Will it to go beyond you."

Bella closed her eyes, doing what she was told to. She managed to bring up her shield but it soon disappeared. It was still impressive even though it didn't reach the group.