Chapter 18: I do

•••

•••

Irene looked at herself in the mirror, a soft smile plastered on her lips. She observed herself, her golden eyes trailing over her figure, detailing the long and divine gown once again. Its pure white color was lighting the room, as if it was the only source of light. The off shoulder neckline was giving a sight of Irene pale yet beautiful skin as the bodice perfectly hugged her curved. The skirt was blooming from her small waist to the ground like a rose. Embroidered tulle were covering the gown, adding even more grace and beauty.

But the beauty of the gown was nothing compared to Irene herself. A soft make up was decorating her face. But not so much, she was already divine naturally. Her light brown hair were styled in a fine low bun, adorned with floral hair clips. A translucent veil was hanging them.

"You are breathtaking!" Rosalie said, placing her hands on Irene's arms and putting her head on her shoulder. She was dressed in a long burgundy halter neckline dress. A silver necklace was embellishing her neck.

"That is all because of you. You did such an amazing job with my hair." Irene giggled, thankful. "And of Alice too and the make up."

"It's not like you need some. Even in a trash bag you would still be beautiful." Bella joked, even though she did meant what she said. Rosalie and Irene chuckled.

Just like Rosalie, Bella was dressed in a long burgundy dress only that she had a boat neckline.

"You always exaggerate things, Bells." Irene said.

It was hard to believe that Irene didn't like Bella at first. That was why we shouldn't be quick to judge people. Irene learn to know Bella and now they were sisters-in-law. Heck, Bella was even one of Irene's bridesmaids. Because, indeed, if you still didn't guessed, it was Irene's wedding day.

Irene remembered the day Edward propose to her like it was yesterday. It happened months ago, while they were still travelling around the world. They left Forks around a year prior and were currently in France, in St. Malot. It was dusk as they were walking in the empty beach, listening at appeasing sound of the waves. Hands to hands, they walked in silence. It wasn't an awkward one, if was a comfortable one. They didn't need to exchanged words. The presence of the other was enough.

"Do you miss your time sometime?" Irene suddenly asked. "Travelling around the world made me realise how time has changed. The thought pondered in my mind time to time. People are surrounded with technology. It's good yet bad at the same time. Looking back in the past, there's such a sharp difference. I feel nostalgic sometime." She giggled.

"I enjoyed my childhood." Edward told truthfully. "My teenagehood was different though. I lived in a time of war and plague."

Irene slowly nodded, understanding what he meant. It was the exact same thing for her. She enjoyed, loved her childhood. Playing and fooling around with her brother. But then war broke off and then the Blitz. She and Tony lived in fear for years. But her human life still had a special place in her heart.