Chapter 10: Forks, Washington

•••

•••

They were all here. Rosalie, Emmett, Esmee, Carlisle, Bella, Tony and even Jacob and Seth. And him. Edward. Behind, was dispatched other vampires. Irene could see some in the leaving room, by the glass door. One of them was on the roof. Others by the tree line here and there. Irene assumed them to be the witnesses the Cullens had found to help them. Irene was glad to see people by their side.

Irene gazed as every each and one of them, observing them. She noticed some foreign vampires. The Amazones and even the Egyptian coven. Irene was surprised to see Benjamin and Tia. She had met them during her short journey in Egypt.

Her eyes stayed longer on the Cullens. They were frowning, two of them more than the others. The expression on their faces was a mixture of shock and confusion. Irene had no difficulty to guess they wonder why she was there. And why she had blood-red eyes.

"Irene." Esmee said, the voice full of tenderness and joy.

She walked up to the blonde vampire, a smile on her lips. Esmee was a black haired woman. The mother of the coven. She was caring and loving, always there for her children. Irene couldn't help but smile too. Esme opened her arms, inviting Irene to hug her. What she gladly did.

"Welcome home, my dear."

"I'm relieved to see that you're alright." Carlisle said, walking to them as they broke away.

Carlisle was a tall blond man. He was the father of the coven and a skilled doctor. He was compassionate, always ready to help anyone in need. He was goodness.

"It was about time, little witch." Emmett smirked, engulfing Irene in a tight hug, not even letting her the time to say anything.

Emmett. The goofy one. A big, well built dark haired vampire. The strongest yet the most childish. But it was what made his charm. He was always so friendly and supportive. A true brother.

"I'm so happy to see you back. I've missed you." Rosalie smiled, she too embracing Irene.

Rosalie was maybe the most beautiful person Irene had met in her life. Her silk blonde hair was perfectly framing her well structured face. Rosalie used to look very intimidating but always cared for her family. Behind her cold apparences stood a beloved and gentle woman.

Rosalie broke away.

"You took your time." Jacob joked. Irene smiled. She would have never thought she would ever miss a shifter.

As Irene looked away, her eyes fell on his. Edward's beautiful golden eyes. As if on instinct, Irene immediately averted her eyes.

Guilt.

Doing so, she met Tony's golden orbs. His face was straight, showing no emotion. But his eyes were. Confusion, happiness, sadness, anger and happiness again. Irene could see them. Irene could read him like an open book. He was her twin after all. And she was his. They were one.