Chapter 13: Complete again

•••

•••

Irene was lied down on her bed, her head rested on Edward's torso. His hand was gently caressing her hair. No one was talking, they were just enjoying the presence of the other. The puzzle was complete again. The two parts were together.

"Even though the time is grave," Edward said. "I feel happy."

Irene softly smiled and snuggled closer to him. She could stay hours in his arm. She felt at ease, in peace.

"You must have suffered a lot because of me..." Irene mumbled.

Edward didn't answer immediately. He seemed to be thinking back of the time Tony told him the fateful news of Irene's disapparition. He remembered that day crystal cleared. Edward was in the living room waiting for the twins to arrive. He was looking forward a beautiful and lovely day with Irene. But that day never came. He hadn't noticed Irene stayed mostly with him to spend as much time with him before she left. He hadn't noticed she was saying goodbye. That day that was supposed to be cheerful one turned out to be the worse. Tony abruptly arrived at the Cullens, looking panicking and disturbed. He didn't have to say anything that Edward already knew what happened. Tony's panicked thoughts said it all.

"At first I refused to believe Tony." He finally said. "I convinced myself you would come back. But then a week passed and I realised. You were truly gone. So I looked for you everywhere. The entire country and the ones you once visited. But I never found you. Alice couldn't have any clear vision of you. So the only thing I could do was waiting. I waited for you. I didn't know if you would come back one day. But I hoped. So I waited. I was ready to wait the eternity. And then you came back."

Edward then rolled over, resting on his forearms, on top of Irene. He looked at her, love in his eyes. Irene put her hand on his cheek, caressing it with her thumb.

"My prayers has been heard." He continued. "My only wish became reality. Now that you are here I feel complete again. I won't let the Volturi touch you. I promise you, this chase end now."

He leaned closer and pressed his lips on Irene's. It was a soft and gentle kiss.

"I was afraid you wouldn't want me back." Irene whispered, truthfully.

"How could I?" Edward softly smiled. "You own my heart. You are my life."

This time, Irene brought him closer and kissed him. She closed her eyes, enjoying the sensation, multiplying the pleasure of his touch.

"I don't have the strength to stay away from you anymore." She whispered.

"Then don't." He smiled. Irene giggled.

Edward then rest on his side, he head supported by his hand. Irene looked at him, adoration in her eyes. She never felt so happy and whole before. What she felt for Edward couldn't be described. It was beyond words. She loved him. She would take a bullet for him, give her life for him. With him, she felt alive again. She felt as if she was a teenager again, being head over heals for her crush, her first love. Her first and only love. With Edward, she felt as if she could overcome any situation, any danger. By his sides, she felt as if she was capable of anything. He was her strength, her reason to live.