part nine

HERE WE WERE, STARING at each other in shock

HERE WE WERE, STARING at each other in shock. We touched. A ghost and a girl. Why couldn't we touch before? Why can't we touch now? What was different in that second that we touched, and how can we keep it that way?

"Did you enjoy that?" I snapped my head to the piano. Caleb.

"What are you doing here?" Reggie spoke up, stepping in front of me.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but you two just touched." Reggie and I glanced at each other, confused. "Oh, how romantic. The hopeless teenage girl falls for the forbidden ghost boy. But how did you touch?" He smirked.

"How do you know we touched?" I spoke up from behind Reggie.

"Surprise." He pointed to himself. "Wasn't it nice? Touching each other. If you joined my club, you'd always be able to touch each other. Forever. You'd never have to live without each other. Immortality for both of you." I looked down in thought.

"No." I looked up at Reggie, and I can't explain why but I felt a little hurt when he said that. "I will never work for you, and there's no way I'm going to let you control Bee. She means more to me than life... well afterlife anyway." I felt my heart swell.

"Well, you know where I'll be if you change your mind." He poofed out.

I huffed. "Stupid Caleb."

👻 👻 👻

The boys and I were walking along the sidewalk, waiting for Willie. I decided to come along just so I could see him.

I fiddled with my hands nervously. "What if this doesn't work, guys?"

"It has to." Luke spoke up from beside me. All three of them doubled over in pain.

"I hate this." I sighed.

"Hey, are you guys okay?" I looked up to see Willie.

"Yea, it's nothing we haven't felt before." There was an awkward tension.

"Well, when that opening band wakes up, they're gonna find their bus two hundred miles outside of Vegas" He turned around, revealing one of the bandmates jacket. "with no chance of getting back in time."

Luke and Willie fist bumped. "And that means there's probably a promoter upstairs right about now freakin' out."

"Nah. This is Hollywood, man, I'm sure he's being very professional." I smiled at my brother.

Alex stepped forward to talk to Willie. Reggie reached out to me, but Luke pulled him away, leaving me to watch my real brother and my fake brother.