part five

IT'S ELEVEN, AND THE boys still aren't here

IT'S ELEVEN, AND THE boys still aren't here. I can tell everyone's starting to get anxious. How could they do this to us?

"Julie?" I walked to where she was, to the side of the stage. "You don't think the boys got into any danger... do you?" My hand went to my bracelet.

"I don't know, Belle. They're ghosts. Who knows what type of danger they can get into."

Before I could respond, Flynn walked over to us. "I can only stall for so long. It's eleven o'clock. I think you two should just play together, without the boys. Holograms or no holograms, you'll be amazing."

"We can't play without them. They'll be here." Julie glanced at me and then back to Flynn. "They have to."

Flynn walked away, tapping her wrist as if it were a watch. I groaned, laying back on the floor with my eyes closed. "What else could they possibly have going on? They're ghosts, for crying out loud."

"Who's a ghost?" I opened my eyes to see Nick staring down at me.

I sat up so quick, I think I pulled a muscle. "Uh, Carlos thinks our house is haunted." I laughed it off.

"Oh." He chuckled. "What's going on? Are you having issues?"

"Always." Julie spoke up. "The machine won't work.

He sat down in front of us, examining the machine. "It's fine, you don't need to help." I interrupted, only making him more eager to help.

He pulled the chord from Julie's hand. "Here's the problem. He plugged it in, turning it on and back off. Julie looked to me for support, causing me to shrug. "That is unless, you didn't want it plugged in."

He held out a hand to each of us, helping us up. "Don't let this crowd freak you out. Especially you." He pointed to me. "You shouldn't be nervous, I remember when you preformed Baby by Justin Bieber in front of the whole school." I laughed, growing embarrassed from the memory. "You got this... I knew you had it in you."

He started walking onto stage. "Stop sending him flirty looks." I hit her arm in between words. "Now he's gonna make us preform, and I don't know if you've noticed or not, but we don't have our phantoms!" I whisper yelled.

"Hey, everybody! We fixed the hologram thing. Who wants to see a show?" Everyone started cheering, making my hands sweat from nervousness. "Now, give it up for The Molina's and the Phantoms!"

Nick gestured for us to walk onto the stage. "If I'm doing this, you're doing it too." Julie grabbed my hand and dragged me to where Nick stood. He handed Julie the mic before running off stage. "Uh, hi. So here's the thing... Belle, you tell them."

She handed me the mic, smiling. "Uh, hey guys. Um, so Nick fixed the machine." Everyone started cheering. "But we can't- um, we don't know what's up with the guys? We can't get a hold of them."

"Wifi, am I right." Julie joked into the mic.

"Guys, we're gonna have to cancel. I'm sorry."

"Um, anybody know the Heimlich? The Molinas are choking." Carrie mocked, walking onto stage. "Only one way to save this dance." She took the mic from my hands. "Who wants to see dirty candy?"

Before anything could happen, Flynn broke the knob. "Whoops."

"Okay. Two can play this game. Party at my house!" Carrie announced. The gym quickly became empty.

Julie, Flynn and I sat popping the balloons on the floor. "I think this is officially the most embarrassing night of my life."

"Right? We can never show our faces at this school again." Julie added.

"That's what we get for depending on boys."

"Especially boys who died from eating street dogs." I sighed.

"Didn't you say that was your favorite food?" Flynn gave me a confused look.

"Yea, well that doesn't mean I'm gonna let it kill me." I shrugged, popping another balloon.

"I don't know if I should be mad or worried. They're ghosts. We don't know what kind of trouble they can get into." Julie looked between me and Flynn.

"Imma get us some ice cream from the cafeteria. Fools gave me the keys." Flynn laughed. "We can crash at my place and forget about this whole nightmare."

"Make sure to bring us back two each!" I shouted to her.

"Of everything!" Julie included.

"Alright, guys, we are ready to rock this dance... which is clearly over." The boys came running into the gym just after Flynn left.

Julie stood up before holding her hands out to me, helping me up. "Look, we are... so, so sorry that we bailed on you." Luke looked to us, unsure.

"Yea, I mean, the night really got away from us." Alex looked around at the clearly dead dance.

"And the twins..." I couldn't help but roll my eyes at what Reggie said.

"So, you guys ditched us for twins?" I kept my eyes on Reggie, causing him to look down.

Julie sighed. "Just please tell me it had nothing to do with you getting back at Carrie's dad."

They all started lying through their teeth. "Wow. And I thought I was a bad liar."

"You're lying to us now?" Julie's voice cracked.

"Okay, look, it was something we needed to do." Alex assured.

"We'll do whatever it takes. We'll play the next school dance-"

I cut Luke off. "Play the next school dance? Seriously? Luke, this was supposed to be our start. This was supposed to be where we got a following. And instead, you guys ditch you're new band mates to get revenge on your old one?" I tried to stop myself from crying.

"You know what really sucks? Our songs were good. All three of you knew what we've been through and how tough it's been for me to play, and then you do this? Bands don't do that to each other."

"Friends don't do that to each other." I finished for Julie.

"This was a mistake." Julie looked back to Luke as he started talking.

"You mean the school dance, right?"

"No. We should've never joined a band with you guys." Julie ran out of the gym, the guys left staring at me.

"Belle, don't cry." Reggie stepped forward, staring into my eyes.

"No, Reggie. You guys were suppose to be here tonight. Especially you. You were the first one to agree to the school dance. I thought you were excited for it. And you." I pointed to Alex, walking in front of him. "What happened to I'd do anything for you? But when it came down to it, you weren't here for us when we needed you. And you, I don't know what you said to Julie about tonight's dance, but obviously it was important to her. And you hurt my sister." I started to walk away.

"Wait, Belle." Reggie called out from where he stood.

"Save it for the twins, Reggie."