part six

I FELT SOMETHING HIT my face and quickly bolted upright

I FELT SOMETHING HIT my face and quickly bolted upright. "Wake up, we slept in!"

Julie and I quickly got ready for school, having to get Flynn's mom to drive us. When we finally got there, we realized we were three classes late, which meant right now we should be in dance class.

We walked in, all heads quickly turning to us. "Julie, Belle, how nice of you to join us."

"I'm so sorry. We overslept." Julie answered for the both of us.

"Take your spots." We made our way over to Flynn, her being between the two of us.

"What is wrong with you? Why wouldn't you wake us?" I whisper shouted.

"Yea, we missed our first three classes." Julie said aggressively.

"You two said you were never gonna show your face at this school again. And I'm a very literal person." Flynn had to keep glancing between the two of us.

"It's okay. It's those stupid ghosts that I'm really upset at. I'd kill them if they weren't already dead."

"Aw, man. I forgot we're mad at them." I pouted, earning a chuckle from Julie.

"Please. You can't stay mad at Reggie for two seconds." Flynn nodded her head in agreement.

"Not true, it's almost been a whole day."

"Watch, when we get home you're gonna accept their apology just so you can talk to him again." I sighed, knowing she's probably right.

"Having a band is supposed to help your social life, not ruin it."

"Ex-band." Julie corrected her. "I thought they were in this with us. But obviously, I was wrong."

"Don't blame yourselves. You can only be so strong when three cute ghosts ask you to join their band. Speaking of cute, have you talked to Nick today? He was pretty chatty at the dance."

"No, and I'm kinda dreading it. At least I know I won't see him in this class." Just as Julie said that, we watched Nick and the rest of the lacrosse team walk through the door. "You've got to be kidding me."

"What is the lacrosse team doing here?" I stood up straight.

"So, students, coach Barron and I have decided that his lacrosse team will be part of our class for a few weeks. Many pro athletes have used dance to help them with coordination and mobility." Our teacher rambled on.

"This isn't about flirting with girls. It's about making us better so we can actually win a game. We lost against Burbank. Burbank!" The lacrosse teacher yelled, making me jump in surprise.

"Everybody pair up." The three of us exchanged worried glances.

"Ohh, Kyle's coming this way. The word in the hallway is that he's got a huge crush on you. Okay, bye." Flynn got dragged away by her partner, making me clutch onto Julie for dear life.