part four

TODAY JULIE AND I decided to dress up

       TODAY JULIE AND I decided to dress up. Nothing special, but better than what we usually wear. She went with a red cropped hoodie with a blue tank underneath, jean shorts that come down to her knees, fishnet stockings and sneakers.

I decided to wear a yellow cropped tee with high wasted jeans with rips and my yellow and white checkered vans. When we got to school, we met up with Flynn at Julie's locker. "Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing. It's just nice seeing you back to your weirdo self." Flynn flashed Julie a smile, making me laugh.

"Thanks?"

"So how's the band? Still hot? Still talented?" She looked around before whispering "Still dead?"

"Very hot, very talented, and very much dead." I answered her questions, earning a laugh.

"Luke and I spent the whole weekend writing songs."

"Yea, and Reggie and I spent the whole weekend talking about our favorite shows, video games, and food. Turns out, we both love street dogs. Well, actually that's a sore subject for him." I made an awkward face before looking at Julie.

"Anyway," She laughed in between her sentence. "You wanna hear some of them?"

"Duh!" Julie closed her locker, leading us to the music room.

Julie was talking about her and Luke the whole way to the music room. "Like it was flowing through me like when I used to write with mom." She walked over to the piano, sitting down. "So, this is the first song Luke and I wrote. Here's a bit of the chorus."

" 'cause we're standing
on the edge of great
great
great"

"Wow, I love it. Definite Gaga vibes." I shook my head, chuckling at Flynn.

"Thanks! I think we have an anthem with this one. It's something mom, Belle and I were working on." Julie gave me a small smile. "Luke and I finished it, check it out." I tried not to let it bother me that Julie didn't even bother asking me if I wanted to help finish it since I was helping her and mom write it.

"and it's one, two, three, four times
that I've tried for one more night
light a fire in my eyes
I'm going out of my mind."

I remember that song. We named it Stand Tall.

"That's... that's beautiful. And my girls got a crush, and his name is Luke." I nodded my head in agreement with Flynn.

"What? No. Luke's a ghost...with a perfect smile." Julie added, making me laugh.

"Why are you laughing? Julie and I both know who your crush is." Flynn turned to me, one eyebrow cocked with her arms crossed.

"And who would that be?" I asked, crossing my arms as well.

"Reggie." Both Flynn and Julie answered.