part three

HERE JULIE AND I were, face to face with a crowd of confused teenagers who were waiting for answers

Julie grabbed my hand, her grip only tightening when the guy who works lights came up to us. "Hey, where'd the rest of the band go?"

My head snapped to Julie, disappointment washing over me when I could see no trace of an answer on her face.

"Wait, were those holograms?" My face lit up at the idea, turning to Carrie's back up dancer who shouted the question.

"Yes!" Julie and I shouted at the same time. "I plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show. I'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff." I stifled a laugh, earning an elbow in the rib from Julie, causing me to grunt in pain. I quickly stood up straight, watching the crowd clap and cheer.

While I was searching the crowd for Flynn, something off to the side caught my eye. When I looked over, to my surprise, Reggie was coming onto the stage. But, instead of coming all the way up, he stopped at the top of the steps. Confused, and intrigued, I kept watching. It was only when Reggie started shaking his butt in front of the crowds face that I had trouble holding in my laugh.

He quickly looked up at me, his eyes widening in realization before he hurried back to the boys. "Ok people, shows over." Principal Lessa dismissed everyone.

I continued to stand as Julie sat on the stage, talking to Mrs. Harrison. "Mrs. Harrison, I am so sorry for not asking for permission. I just wanted to show you I belong here."

"I guess I should point out that I'm not sorry. Jules, we rocked." She gave me a smile, reaching her pinky out for me to wrap mine around as I sat down next to her.

"As amazing as that was, I'm afraid Julies spot's already been filled by another student." Julie slumped down in her spot, her pinky falling from mine.

Mrs. Harrison pointed to the kid that filled Julies spot. We watched as the little guy pulled the instrument down the steps with all his force. "Come on, that thing is way too big for him!"

"Seriously, Mrs. Harrison? I saw him playing in the room the other day. Spoiler alert, he wasn't very good." I whispered the last part.

"He'll grow into it. And Belle, we don't shame other students." I held my hands up in defense, shaking my head. "I wish that I could help you, but my hands are tied."

I joined Julie in slumping in our seats. Music program, without my sister? I was pulled from my sad thoughts when Principal Lessa came up to us. "Mine aren't, and as much as I didnt approve of this little stunt that you pulled," She looked between me and Julie. "I will not go down in history as the principal who kicked Julie Molina out of the music program."

My smile grew so big. "Thank you!" Julie looked at her in disbelief.

"But, when you win your first grammy, I want to be thanked."