ᏚᎾᏞᏆᏟᏆᎢᏌᎠᎬ

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ . . . . .

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ ᏟᎾᎷᏢᏞᎬᎢᎬ!

surprised was definitely an understatement to describe the feeling you felt looking up and seeing a stranger sitting in a spot that's been empty almost the entirety of the first quarter. you knew someone was supposed to sit there, seats were assigned after all. however, after spending weeks with the empty seat beside you, you had assumed that whoever was supposed to sit there had dropped out and the teacher simply forgot to announce it. and yet, there you were, with the mystery student revealed to be a blonde male leaning back in the chair right beside you, hands stuffed in his hoodie. he hadn't said anything yet, no introduction or explanation as to where he's been this entire time. not even a question as to what was happening during the current class period. either he already knew, or he simply didn't care. either way, you chose to ignore his presence, more preoccupied with the fact that there was a test that day and you'd rather spend the first few minutes left before class started to review notes. introductions could come later.

however, it seemed as if the newcomer had different plans. you could practically feel his eyes on you, the gaze sending chills throughout your entire body. you settled your own attention to rest on him, surprised to find such a cold look in his half lidded eyes, calculating your every move. another shiver ran down your spine, alarms ringing in your head and telling you to stay far away from that man. however, despite your brain telling you that he was not to be trusted, you couldn't help but be curious about him, wanting to figure out what he was like and what his intentions were.

his eyes remained on you for another second before he glanced down towards your notes. he didn't seem surprised to see the writing, so it must've meant he was aware that there was a test that day, and was most likely the reason for his sudden appearance. his eyes flickered up to yours once more before looking away, the corner of his mouth twitching up in a smirk.

you narrowed your eyes at him, wondering what he found so amusing and had been close to asking when the professor began to speak.

"good morning class. as you all know there is a test today. papers are being handed out as we speak. while that's being done, i'll be taking attendance. please let me know that you're present once your name is called." with that he began calling out words you'd heard routinely for weeks, the sound of students saying "here!" and the rustling of papers filling the classroom.

once acquiring your test paper, you turned to hand the stack over to the male beside you. that time you weren't surprised to find his attention already on you, one hand out of his pocket to grasp the papers extended towards him. still he hadn't said anything, grabbing one for his own before continuing the cycle. your eyes remained on him until you heard the professor call out your name, tearing your eyes away to let him know that you were present. soon after he called out for the next student, his face and voice changed to fit someone who had said that name multiple times before without reply. it was almost has if he knew that time would be no different, and expected the same outcome.

"chishiya shuntaro-"

"here." everyone in the classroom, including you, turned to look at the monotone voice that had uttered the word. the professors face, along with the rest of the students, painted that of surprise, so used to hearing silence for so long. so upon hearing someone actually answer, finally having a face to the name, everyone was shocked. the male however, now revealed as chishiya, only quirked up his mouth in another smirk, once again shifting his eyes to you. it was almost like he wanted to know your reaction to the scene, trying to figure out what you thought of everything. feeling unamused, and frankly not in the mood to humor him, you simply flashed him a small smile in greeting and settled your eyes back to your test paper.