⌈ 15 ⌋

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ . . . . .

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ ᏟᎾᎷᏢᏞᎬᎢᎬ!

when you had awoken the next morning it was to an empty bed. no note, just the hallow space of where chishiya had lay the previous night, blankets ruffled and pulled back to indicate his departure. but even through your irritation with him from the late hours of the night you couldn't help but feel disappointed, especially with him leaving without saying anything. the asshole didn't even bother to wake you up to let you know he was taking off, and knowing him, he'd be gone for a while.

you sighed, breath short as you stretched your arms upwards, bones creaking in protest before you reached back down to rub the sleep out of your eyes. the curtains were closed, but through the airy fabric you could see the sun peeking through, indicating that it was rather late in the morning. well, this was expected. you had been at the bar with arisu for some time after all, and chishiya was an early riser as well as a light sleeper, you being the complete opposite, so you weren't surprised to not have heard him get up in the morning.

you turned to hear the door click open, hoping perhaps it was the blonde, even if you knew deep down that it was wishful thinking. however, as you expected, a mess of braids appeared in your vision instead, and although happy to see kuina, it didn't stop the dull ache that had settled in your heart and the disappointment that creeped into your body.

"morning!" she chirped, closing the door behind her and walking over to where you sat in bed. you gave her a soft smile in greeting as she looked around, confusion etched on her face, "chishiya isn't around?"

you felt your face fall at her words, looking away, "he left sometime this morning."

she seemed to notice your gloomy mood, eyes apologetic for having asked. swiftly she took place on your bed, leaning back on the palm of her hands, "good! he kills the mood anyways. did you eat breakfast already?"

you laughed softly at this, shaking your head, "i just got up."

she grinned at you, pushing her body back up and turning to face you, "alright! first we'll eat some food and then come back here and brush your hair!"

you shot her a confused look at the strange request, "brush my hair? but-"

"you'll shower first of course. it'll be relaxing for you and distressing for me so it's a win win situation." she explained, eyes pleading and waiting for you to agree.

unconsciously you reached up and picked at your hair, feeling the texture. well, it was about time you washed it, and it'll be easier for kuina to brush through it opposed to it being dry. you put your hand back down before nodding, smiling as her face brightened in excitement.

with that kuina waited as you got out of bed, freshening up quickly in the bathroom before shrugging on your sweater over your body and joining her in the hallway.

you both engaged in a small conversation as you made your way down to the cafeteria to eat, filled with a small crowd of the members of the beach rushing to grab food. unfortunately most of the good stuff available was gone, however you were able to grab a cereal bar and some fresh fruit in a plastic container from the garden. strawberries ironically enough, sweet and sour and reminding you all too much of your missing boyfriend who seemed to have a strange fondness for the fruit. back in your days before the borderlands he was always seen with it in any sweet he ate, and you had quickly caught on to this and would cut and bring some for him during his working shifts. you hoped he had eaten already, and had also gotten to enjoy these sweet berries.