⌈ 21 ⌋

Ꭺ/N; ᏆN ᏟᎪᏚᎬ ᎪNYᎾNᎬ ᏔᎾNᎠᎬᎡᏚ ᏔᎻᎪᎢ YᎪᏚᏌᏚᎻᏆ ᏞᎾᎾKᏚ ᏞᏆKᎬ. ᎻᎬ'Ꮪ ᏴᎪᏚᏆᏟᎪᏞᏞY Ꭺ ᏢᎡᎬᎢᎢY ᏴᎾY ᏔᎻᎾ ᎻᎪᎢᎬᏚ ᎬᏙᎬᎡYᎢᎻᏆNᏩ.

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ . . . . .

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ ᏟᎾᎷᏢᏞᎬᎢᎬ!

sometimes there are moments where time seems to slow down. it can be almost frustrating, how you can't seem to move your body exactly how you want to and the absence of sound in your ears as a low ringing replaced it instead. it happened once back during your tag game, when you were with niragi and you had spotted another player about to shoot him. and once more at the beach, when that same man pointed the gun at you, threatening to kill you right then and there.

it was almost like, it was the only way for you to know when something bad was about to happen.

everyone's movements were sluggish as you heard the second shot, and you began to notice so many things all at once. the way kuina seemed to shift her body to run. arisu reaching over to grab usagi. said girl's eyes widening in fear. all in just one small second. it's almost too much for you to comprehend, struggling to analyze the information presented in front of you, to figure out why this was happening and by who. but the anticipation that another bullet is to come is all it takes for the adrenaline in your veins to start pumping and for you to throw away the idea of thinking, forcing your body to surge forward and faintly hearing the shouts from your friends that seem to tell you to move.

the gunshot rings in your ears as your body hit the ground, small grunt of pain escaping your lips at the force of impact and the feeling of your skin break against the asphalt. you almost just want to lay there, just until the pain goes away, but you knew you didn't have much time left before whoever was doing this reloaded, and pointed the gun towards you or your friends once more.

you forced your head up, still on the ground as you looked around the area frantically. if you could just find them, so you knew where to avoid and possibly warn your friends to move from their sight. building on the corner, the blimp right above it, a small glint in the distance.

the gun of a sniper targeting you.

"(name)!"

you scrambled up and moved out of the way once more, seeing that by now arisu, usagi and kuina had made it towards the car, hands motioning for you to join them. your body relaxed ever so slightly at seeing that they were safe, but it quickly tensed up again when realizing that someone was still missing. the person you wanted to save the most wasnt in the backseat with them.

where was he?

you looked towards your right and spotted him. chishiya's figure, crouched down low as he narrowed his eyes towards the distance. so he had spotted it too. and the small second where his eyes widened was all you needed to see before throwing yourself towards him, forcing him towards the ground and out of the way as you both landed in a heap of bodies and tangled limbs.

a low groan left his throat as his back hit the ground, brown eyes blinking at you in momentary confusion. your head hit his chest, heart racing as you felt him, the small tense of his body and the warmth of him through his cardigan. you felt his arms wrap around you almost protectively as you felt your head spin, realizing that he had turned you both over, this time with you on the ground and you flinched at the sound of a bullet right where you had been. your heart raced as you looked up, seeing those brown eyes peering down at you. dark and pinning you towards the ground, making you feel small under the gaze.