⌈ 29 ⌋

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ . . . . .

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ ᏟᎾᎷᏢᏞᎬᎢᎬ !

"i'm gonna fucking strangle you after this."

the empty threat left through the cracks of your lips, voice weak as your fingers tightened considerably around the fabric of sheets beneath you. following your words was a low groan, and a sudden strangled cry as chishiya deepened the pressure applied on the side of your waist. and by the smirk twitching his lips afterwards he was sure to have done it on purpose, resulting in you internally scoffing at his current behavior. what an asshole.

"bold words." he chuckled, amused by the pissed off expression twisting your features after your verbal and mental declaration. his fingers pressed down, only slightly, but served as a reminder of your current situation, "considering i'm the one keeping you alive."

"you should be threatened."

"you'll be thanking me after this."

you opened your mouth to spout more profanities, only to bite back your tongue at the sight of the needle in his hand. his smirk widened at the fear that quickly crossed over your features, earning him another halfhearted glare from your gaze. numerous of thoughts also began to cross over your mind, each a way you'd be able to get back at the man before you for his obvious enjoyment in your pain.

instead you pressed your face against the pillows supporting your head and tried not to focus on chishiya stitching your wound back up. the puncture easing in and out of your skin felt much more prominent than the first time it happened, perhaps because the adrenaline of the situation has long been worn off. the window just beside your bed caught your eye, and you stared at the current sky which still lacked the blue it normally wore. heavy clouds and a dark atmosphere painted it instead, the sight unsettling you for reasons you could not explain. so you opted to close your eyes, squeezed tightly shut, and did your best to regulate the quick and unsteady flow of your breathing.

"are you done yet?" you rasped out weakly when his prodding stopped, no longer able to feel the grip you had on the sheets from how tight it was.

"almost," he muttered, and you felt as if you imagined the gentler tone his voice held whilst speaking, "hang in there."

"hanging on."

eventually, the pain numbed, and you even found yourself to have grown tired and drowsy once your bandages were sealed and your clothes were put back on. you furrowed your brows, blinking several times to focus and stay awake only to keep them closed when a sudden wave of calm washed over your body like the ocean.

you realized the calm had come from the warmth now pressed against your forehead, a few slow blinks revealing it to be the pads of chishiya's fingers. it eased you. slowed the rapid beating of your heart and cooled the skin hot with strain. you mumbled something, incoherent to your own ears, but by the way he remained still revealed it to be something akin to his name. you mumbled it again, your own fingers searching for purchase. for something real to hold onto before you slipped away. you vaguely heard the scrape of a chair before his fingers found yours, tangling and burning your skin in a much more pleasant way. you gripped on tightly, a small sigh leaving your lips.

"please don't go." you whispered. you heard yourself this time. and almost as if truly afraid of the outcome you held his hand tighter, trying to memorize the callouses and the way his limbs seemed to tangle so perfectly within your own.

chishiya gently brought his hand closer to your hair, the swift stroke of his thumb easing you to finally give into the dreams tugging at the back of your mind.