⌈ 23 ⌋

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ . . . . .

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ ᏟᎾᎷᏢᏞᎬᎢᎬ!

it was silent on the way there.

not the sound of rumbling to indicate that the king of spades had stuck around nor the hushed voices proving that the other players were somewhere nearby. for the remaining king, it seemed he had disappeared into a different part of the city, far away enough that you couldn't even see his blimp hovering above. but you weren't complaining, at least now you wouldn't have to worry about having to hide from him in fear of being shot just like before.

as you walked your gratitude for the venue being so close by grew, and soon enough the building you and your friends took shelter in came into sight. you held out your arm to indicate for yasushi to stop, keeping yourself hidden as your eyes quickly scanned through the area. once again you couldn't see any blimps nearby, and you were even more relieved to see the car tucked onto the side just like before. they must've cleared their game then, you just hoped everyone had returned in one piece.

you were quick to give yasushi the okay, walking over to the door and pleased to find it unlocked for you. the sound of your steps bounced off the walls and echoed through the building, shadows forming as the afternoon was soon coming to an end.

"these friends of yours, they were apart of where ever you left to after our mafia game?" yasushi asked, staying close behind as you both walked up the steps.

"ah, yes. i would say you should've joined but recently it burned down due to a game." you mustered up a quick smile, trying to keep the mood light despite remembering the last card game you had played.

he drew his brows together as if confused on what kind of venue could possibly be bad enough to burn down an entire civilization, "what game?"

you quickly looked away, focusing your attention on the steps in front of you, "ten of hearts."

"oh."

your smile faltered, but you just shrugged in response, "yeah, it was pretty terrible. a witch hunt. but things are fine now."

"why didn't they join you for this game?"

you laughed lightly, "really you should be asking why i didn't join them," another quick look back showed his confusion, so you were quick to elaborate, "they had a clubs game they went to instead."

his voice was low in his throat, also echoing through the corridors, "hm."

"you're pretty talkative now huh yasushi?" you teased, knowing that the male was normally quiet and kept to himself.

he clicked his tongue in annoyance, looking away from your gaze, "just curious."

your narrowed your eyes at him, actually curious on why he was asking so many questions but decided against pressing further. chances were he'd get even angrier, "alright."

your conversation stopped when you found yourself at the middle floor, peeking around the corner and smiling when you spotted all three of your friends. although, they did look rather roughed up, more so than before. not only was kuina and arisu covered in blood, but usagi wore a sling around her arm, like she had broken it. you furrowed your brows in confusion. didn't they join a clubs game? and yet they all looked winded as if they had participated in spades.