⌈ 3 ⌋

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ . . . . .

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ ᏟᎾᎷᏢᏞᎬᎢᎬ!

"you're not the daughter i expected."

"i'm a terrible mother aren't i? is that what you're saying?"

"you should be thankful of the opportunities i'm giving you."

"maybe if you were more like your sister i wouldn't have to speak to you like this."

"you shouldn't feel that way. aren't i allowed to praise my child when she's doing good? it's not my fault you turned out like this."

"why couldn't your sister be my first child, i would've stopped having children then."

"god just get over it."

"i never said anything like that. all you're doing is twisting the words in my mouth."

"i'm gonna be just like you!"

"i can't stay here anymore."

"your sister died in the hospital last night."

"it's all your fault."

it's all your fault.

you curled your fingers, bunching up the hair gathered at your scalp. why'd you have to remember? you had forgotten all about your life before you came to japan and started college. so why now? what was the point? remembering the things your mother said to you growing up and snippets of the phone call months ago, it seemed pointless. you didn't care about that anymore. at least, you thought you didn't. there was no reason to dwell on it since it had happened so long ago, and you've already properly mourned your sister's death. so how long have you been crying for, and why?

you snapped out of your thoughts when the lights in your room flickered to life, illuminating the once dark space. you gazed at it curiously. had someone fixed the generator? you don't remember there being a mechanic as one of the players. hastily you wiped away the tears staining your cheeks and stood up from the sitting position you had previously been in, about to go out to investigate when your phone dinged.

ᎡᎾᏌNᎠ ᎢᎻᎡᎬᎬ ᏔᏆᏞᏞ NᎾᏔ ᏟᎾᎷᎷᎬNᏟᎬ. ᎢᎻᎬ ᎷᎪFᏆᎪ ᎷᎬᎷᏴᎬᎡ ᎢᎪᏚKᎬᎠ ᏔᏆᎢᎻ ᎢᎻᎬ KᏆᏞᏞ ᎢᎻᏆᏚ ᎡᎾᏌNᎠ ᏆᏚ, ᎷᎪFᏆᎪ ᎷᎬᎷᏴᎬᎡ 2.

so, it was finally the last remaining mafia member's turn. you still weren't sure who was the mystery member on your team, but you did have someone in mind. there was also the fact that after this round, only two remained until the results would be announced. how much longer until you had to kill someone again? flashes of ohashi went through your mind, and your stomach began to twist and turn in itself. now wasn't the time to think about that.

you opened the door to see the rest of the players also gathered in the hallway. they were all staring at the ceiling lights, wondering who had been the one to turn them back on. your questions were answered when the sound of running footsteps filled the hallway, revealed to be a male with a big smile on his face.

"i managed to fix the electricity! we should be safer now that the lights are working again." he shouted.

sighs of relief passed through each person's breath. you let one out yourself, but more so from exhaustion. even if the lights were back on people were desperate, you knew that personally, meaning a kill was inevitable. it didn't matter if the lights were on or off. you turned, ready to retreat to your room when someone put a hand on your shoulder.