"I'll be okay."

Today there would be a talent show at school. It was mandatory for all classes to go and watch. It made me nervous, really nervous, that I'd be performing a cover in front of about 1200 students. I'd be singing a song that means a lot to me.

The song reminds me of Niall, and how he just wants me to love him for the rest of his life. I already made that promise when I proposed, but he doesn't think so. He has his doubts. To be honest, it hurts a little less everytime he asks if I love him. He's just scared, maybe?

Right now, I'm in the 'dressing room'...which is just the locker room. I'm changing in to a pale blue sweater, and mumbling the lyrics- Making sure I have them memorized- I don't think I'd ever forgive myself if I screwed up today.

I go on in two minutes. No one in this small town has heard of The Ready Set, and it bothers me that they haven't been properly educated in the music department. I'm not playing any instruments. I've never learned how to play anything cool. I wonder where I should put my hands. On the mic stand? On the mic itself? Should I sway my hips? What do I do?

"Ashton Irwin you're on in thirty seconds. Let's go."

I nodded in response to the football coach and jogged to the auditorium.

-

I gulped and put my hands on the mic as the music started playing. Three... Two...

"I heard you say that you were writing a diary

Of a nobody and the pages burned right through.

If you want you can always talk to me,

Talk to me

Cause I've got time for you.

Do you feel you're not enough?

And impossible to love?

Or like if you spoke your mind, all your words they would be too much.

Well I'll be with you in the dark,

To give you light when you're afraid.

Like a billion shining stars,

Everyone is a castaway..."

I spotted Niall in the crowd and smiled. I know if I focus on him I'll be okay. He's the only one that matters in the room right now.

-

I gulped as I turned the corner. Not much longer until I get there. The party will be outside in a little park. I chose that spot for us because not many people showed up. More would have showed up, but I insisted on this party being a little different, and that freaked them out. Assholes.

I stopped at a Mcdonalds and changed from my tux to a more casual outfit. Black shirt, black jeans, red sneakers, I didn't want to look like I was headed to a funeral, so the shoes aren't black because of that reason.

I may have also ordered some chicken nuggets.

-

I parked my car and headed towards Anne, Harry's mum. She gave me a small hug and guided me to where Niall was. I've got one last story before the day ends.

Not wanting to ruin the happy mood I've got the crowd in, I asked Harry to tell them a joke or two. Granted, he's not the best jokester, but people still laugh because it was just that bad.

I kissed Niall on the forehead and told him I'd go find my mum and Liam to say hello. Liam couldn't make it to the reception, but he was nice enough to make some room in his day to come now. He's usually very busy, being a lawyer and all. But he never passes up an opportunity to hang out with his best friend.

Liam walked up to me and asked if I was okay. Why wouldn't I be? He then proceeded to give me a hug and walked off; Wiping his eyes. I frowned and looked at my mom.

"Sweetheart. You know I love you, right?" She put her hand on my shoulder.

"Of course mum, I love you too." I smiled.

"You can't keep lying to yourself, sweetie." She frowned.

I took her hand off my shoulder and gently put it back at her side, "Mum, I'm not lying to myself. What makes you think that way?" She shook her head and sighed. I shrugged my shoulder and sat down in the first row of folding chairs.

"We are gathered here today..." The old man started. He looks a bit like Rodger and that made me chuckle. I gathered a few strange looks from people but again, I shrugged my shoulders.

"You sure you're alright?" Liam whispered. I turned to him and rolled my eyes, "Yes, Liam. I'm one hundered percent fine."

"You know if you need to talk-"

"Liam. Shut. Up." I growled.

With that he gave up and turned his attention back to the man.

❤ ❤ ❤
The sun shines brightest on the gloomiest days.
remember to smile, and stay safe. ily. x