"We learned how to make origami birds"

It had been about ten minutes since Bobby and I walked down the aisle. After the last story I asked our families if they would like to chime in, but they told me I could continue the story of how Niall and I got here.

So now I'm talking about our Sophmore year in high school, "When Niall's birthday came around he told me he was turning seventeen. He hadn't told me he was held back. I guess he was either ashamed or just didn't think it was 'important.' I didn't judge him, I mean, I didn't really care. "

I sniffled again - stupid allergies- and sighed, "Anyways, I got Niall two tickets for us to go to Disneyworld. Those tickets held so much meaning because I had so much planned for us there. We had dinner with my mother and his parents, and both my mum and Niall's parents approved of us being together. Yeah, we kept us a secret for that long. I didn't want to rush him, you know?" 

Some people in the crowd nodded and I bit my lip, "It made him so happy to know his parents weren't ashamed of him. After the dinner, he pulled me into his arms and kissed my cheek so many times exclaiming, "They like you! They love us! They love me!" That's when I gave him the tickets, and he took me upstairs and we.." 

I looked up at my mum, then Maura and Bobby, "..We learned how to make origami birds." I blushed. Laughter and perverted remarks filled the church and I face palmed. 

"Um, so, anyways.."

I heard my mum say " You go sweetie! Get some!" and I laughed out of embarrassment, "Mum, please!" She quieted down along with everyone else and I continued, "Anyways, the following week, we always entered and left school hand in hand. I was very happy, and Niall was extremely happy for himself; He said I was one of the only people that made him happy, so he liked showing our relationship off. I was scared of all the attention we had, but I soon got used to it over time."

I scratched my nose, " Of course there was always bad attention, too. I never told anyone this, but I made a deal with the quaterback of the football team. He wanted to bully us for being gay but I begged him not to hurt Niall, and just hurt me instead. I didn't want Niall to fall back to where he was a year before, but I also didn't want him to constantly worry about me."

"I, um, would take my mums cover up to hide my black eyes and bruises. I didn't like keeping it a secret, but I didn't want anyone to worry. It was either me or Niall; Anyone would've picked themselves if they were in that situation, right? The only part of the day that made me happy was being by Nialls side listening to music in his car and singing along. Seeing Niall smile that beautiful smile of his was worth getting punched in the face countless times. I know it sounds either funny or stupid, but he was still broken, and I was just picking up his pieces."

I looked at Maura who looked back at me with admiration in her eyes, "My favorite song to sing with him was 'Night Vision Binoculars' because it was a fun song to dance to, and we really got into it!" I giggled, "Singing that song made me think for a few minutes that everything was okay."

"We understand, baby." My mum spoke up, "It was hard keeping that a secret; I wish you didn't have to get your ass kicked but we can't all get what we want.."

I smiled, "Yeah, mom," I chuckled, "I know what you mean." 

❤ ❤ ❤

A/N: Oh. My. God. I saw the spongebob movie over the weekend and lemme tell ya something.

IT WAS ADORABLE. (Friendly reminder I'm turning 17 this year.)

I hope you have an amazing day and if someone is being a butt grab them by the collar of their shirt aND RIP THEIR SHIRT OFF TO MAKE THEM FEEL INSECURE (OR TO SEE THEIR HOT BOD IF THEY HAVE ONE!) (I'm not one to body shame, though. Everyone is hot. Even you. Even me(gan fox) *cough*)

I love you. x