"It's okay to not be okay."

"May he rest in peace." He finished.

I let out a shaky breath, "I'm sorry, Liam." He put his arm around me and said everything would be okay. But it wouldn't. My husband is gone. He was the only one - besides my mother- who understood me. He was my love. My person. He completed me and now he's gone.

I stood up from my chair the same time Liam did. "Come with me?" I asked him.

We walked up to his coffin and a tear finally fell. After eight days, I finally feel what everyone else felt. "You know his favorite cover from Glee was Teenage Dream." I blurted. "I know it's nothing important, nothings important, but I just like to remember when he would sing along with Darren. It always made me laugh."

"It's okay to not be okay, Ashton. If you think of the good times, and that makes you feel happy. Go for it. But you're going to be sad once in a while, and that's okay. It's how we cope." I put my hand on the coffin, right above his heart, and closed my eyes.

I can still hear him say 'I love you.' I can still hear his laugh.I can still feel his hair, and his kiss. I can feel the hugs he used to give out, but I can't feel his heartbeat.

"We have to get Mar and Ariel soon. I told my mum I'd pick them up from her around 5." Liam said as he scratched his neck. I nodded, "We can go now. I don't want to see him be surrounded by darkness and expect myself to throw a rose down there." I took the paper that held my vows and asked one of the guys who worked with the morgue to put it in his casket before they buried him.

Then Liam and I left.

-

"Hello babies!" I greeted them with kisses. "Daddy's here, and he loves you more than anything in the world!" They cooed as we waved goodbye to Karen. Liam helped me buckle them in their car seats.

"Even though they're adopted I can see Niall in Marina. Her eyes are so blue, like his, and she has his brunette hair." I sulked.

"When they get a bit older you can tell them all about your little adventures with Niall. Isn't that right girls?" Liam asked the two who just tapped their fingers on their seats, and drooled slightly. "Ew.." Liam chuckled, "They drool a lot."

"Well they're babies, Liam. You can't expect them to ask for a napkin." I smiled, looking at Ariel look out the window.

"Maybe tomorrow I'll take them to visit him. They can put flowers there, and say good night."

"Why 'Good night'?" Liam asked in confusion.

"Goodbye means forever. I know he'll always be with us one way or another." I sniffled and looked out the window.

-

The next day..

"Come on pumpkins!" I said even though I was pushing them in a stroller. "It's time for you to meet your papa." The grip I had on the flowers tightened the more closer I got to his grave.

"I love you."

"I love you, too." I whispered.

I let Ariel out first and then Marina, "All right babies, here you go," I say handing each of them a tulip. I would have gotten roses, his favorite, but I didn't want them to get hurt. I shouldve checked if there were ones without thorns..oh well.

I showed them were to put the flowers, helping both of them get closer to the little vase. It took them a few tries, but when they successfully put the flower in they giggled and clapped their hands.

"Say bye bye papa, we love you!" I told them. They just kept giggling. I should take them again when they're a little bit older.

I sat them both on my lap and we all just stayed silent; surprisingly. It's like a little moment of silence for him.

In a cruel way, it's like we were all reunited. A family reunion.

❤ ❤ ❤

A/N: All we have left is the epilogue. ): this story was so fun to write, and I'm sad its coming to a close.