"Cotton Candy Shaped Heart"

" I thought it was funny when you'd walk to lunch with a small tub of different colored cotton candy. You were already sweet enough!" I joked. "Um," I looked down at my feet not knowing what to say next.

'Haha. Remember when I gave you that cotton-' 

"Oh!" I looked up at Niall and then to the crowd, "One day-my sixteenth birthday to be exact- I accidentally let it slip that I had a crush on Niall," I groaned when I felt my face turn red," He blushed and said he liked me, also. That day, we walked to the library ...and he confessed to me that on the day of us being paired for Chemistry he was going to go to the bridge two blocks down and jump." I heard a couple of gasps throughout the church and looked at Maura and Bobby who looked back with worried eyes.

"...But he said he changed his mind when he met me. I-I guess I was nicer to him than most people." I gulped, " I never knew such a happy-go-lucky person would be so broken on the inside. I'm glad I was there, I mean, obviously I didn't know what he was going through, but it goes to show that if you're nice to someone else it could potentially save them." 

I looked at Niall who looked so calm and collected, "When we got to the library he told me he would meet me by the back tables. I didn't know where he went, so I just sat down by a window." I chuckled as I tried to imitate Niall, " He came back and he said to me "Happy birthday Ashton, I want to ask you something." And I nodded for him to go on and he brought out a cotton candy shaped heart from behind his back and asked, "Will you go on a date with me?" Four words; Best. Birthday. Gift. Ever."

I heard my mother scoff and I laughed, "Sorry mum!" 

"He took me out to one of those milkshake parlours, and we just talked; we got to know each other better. It ended with him expressing his feelings towards me and I just remember being completely shocked. He said something along the lines of, "I've liked you since the first day of high school, and I didn't know if you liked me or not so I became depressed. " Then I understood why he changed his mind; He knew I liked him. He then asked me to be his boyfriend and I kissed him." 

I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding. I took out a piece of paper from my pocket and noticed I still had so much to talk about; One of those being our vows. I'm so nervous for when the time actually comes when I look him in the eyes and tell him how much I love him. 

❤ ❤ ❤

A/N: short update! I know its not the best, and im sorry about that! I know I sound thirsty, but I want to know what you think so far, so please comment and vote!

Have a lovely weekend! x

P.S. I HAVE TO WAKE UP AT 3 AM TOMORROW TO WATCH THE OTRA LIVESTREAM. :):