Epilogue

Life Is A Game All You Have To Do Is Learn How To Play It.

"You just came along for the entertainment didn't you?"

Walking through the F.B.I headquarters, Riker was by my side. I could see the look that the agents and other staff members were giving him. He was the one man that could probably get some wannabe a high raise.

That was if they could get him.

They would never have anything on him and that was one of the reasons I was here. I needed to secure not just his but Damon, Zane, Zoe and anyone else who was apart of this world. I needed to make sure they were untouchable and of course I knew just how to do that.

"Sometimes you need to walk into the lions den to remind them who's boss."

Rolling my eyes I kept making my way to Davis' office. "More like you just want to taunt them."

"Same thing."

Riker's infamous smirk was on his face as he took in his surrounding. Sunglasses covered his cloud grey eyes and he was wearing a tight black top and ripped jeans. His tattoos were on display along his arms and I could see some of the woman eyeing him up.

I'm sure that made his ego even bigger than it already was.

"Awk don't worry." Riker threw his arm over my shoulder as he spoke and then whispered in my ear. "We both know you're the only woman for me."

As we reached Davis' office door I tried to push him off me but he didn't budge.

"No we just know I'd kick your ass if you got out of line."

Riker grinned down at me but before he could say anything else the office door opened. Davis stood there with a mask of surprise on his face. I knew the woman at the desk had told him we were coming but even that didn't seem to be enough time for him to gather his thoughts.

"Lyra and Riker." Greeted Davis almost unsure what to do with our presence. "What are you doing here?"

"I have a deal for you." My reply was quick and there was no room for doubt. He needed to know I was serious in what I was offering him. Something flashed across his eyes, he didn't know if he could trust me or not. Not that I could blame him for that one.

After all I was famous for playing mind games.

"And what is this deal?" When I didn't reply after a few moments he looked up at Riker like he knew the answer.

"Don't look at me, I just followed along for the fun." Riker looked around the room at all the peering eyes.

There was no way I was about to talk with him in front of everyone standing here right now. After all this was a deal I was just going to offer him and it was something that would make his rank here off the charts.

I like to think me and Davis had a mutual understanding of each other.

When his eyes snapped back to mine I could see him realising something. Looking over my shoulder he noticed the crowed that had gathered. Clearing his throat he stepped out of his office door and pointed down the hall.

"Let's go to the conference room then."

As Davis walked ahead of us I looked over my shoulder and seen everyone watching us carefully. They all knew what I was about to offer Davis wasn't going to be anything small.

Smiling, I walked ahead to catch up with Riker and Davis.

Once we entered I took a seat and Davis closed the door securely. I knew the room was sound proof so what ever was said in here was going to stay between us.