Lesson Forty-Three

The Harder The Battle, The Sweeter The Victory.

This was it. There was no going back now. Not that there was any part of me that wanted to in the first place.

Looking over at my twin brother I could see that he watching me carefully, he was looking at me for the same reason I was looking at him.

Reassurance.

Both of us sat across from each other on the copper the wind blowing my hair in every direction even in a high ponytail. I was sure I looked a mess between the scorch marks on my clothes and burn marks that I had long since stop caring about. All that mattered right now was that I was still in one piece and so was everyone else.

The headphones blocked out a fair amount of the noise from the copper but that didn't mean that the sound still wasn't cutting right through me. Or the fact that my thoughts were far louder than any sound. My body was on edge and every sound and every movement was setting me off to react.

Damon gave me his famous boyish grin and mouthed something, I was able to pick up on it straight away.

'You OK?'

My lips turned up at the edges and my eyes had a dark glint in the electric blue. I was ready for anything knowing that my twin brother had my back in this madness. We always did, no matter what we dragged each other into we always had each others back even when we didn't talk for a while.

'Always.'

I wasn't doing this for me, I was doing this for all of us. Nisha was threatening me which meant she was threating my family. She was also a risk to everything that Riker would stand for now and in the future. If we wanted everything and everyone to survive we needed to get rid of her.

"Hold on guys, we're getting ready to land." The pilots voice rang through my ears as he spoke. The headphones doing its job at blocking out the noise and making it easier for us to communicate.

Grabbing the bar above us with one hand to hold on I made sure to tighten the bag that was on my back. Each one of us had one, they were full of equipment that we might need when we landed on the ship. It was something Chase had prepared for us and said they might come in handy. I could make all the plans I wanted but that didn't mean Nisha didn't hold the control to surprise us.

As the helicopter started to hover lower to the ground Riker stood from his seat and leaned out the open door. His gaze was dark and unreadable and I knew he was getting himself into the head space for what was about to go down.

"They aren't out there." Riker's voice was firm as he spoke and it made me frown.

Standing up I walked over to the open door, the wind almost enough to send me stepping back again but I braced myself for the force of it. Looking down I seen what Riker was seeing. There was no one on the deck of the ship, which meant they were all down below.

That wasn't where I wanted them to be but that didn't mean they wouldn't come out once we made our move.

At least it made it easier for us to get off the helicopter, that was one up side to all this.

As we got closer to the deck the helicopter started hovering a few feet above the deck. We were going to need to jump out the pilot didn't want to land and that one was understandable. He needed to be able to make a quick get away for what ever Nisha had in mind.

"So who's going to be the first to jump?" Asked Damon who looked like he wanted to be anything but the first.

Me and Riker on the other hand smirked at each other and I put my fist out to him.