Leason Fourteen

No One Is You And That Is Your Power

"Good, now put your foot on the clutch and knock the car up a gear."

Sitting in the passenger sit of one of my old cars I was teaching Kai how to drive. Jessica had left him down and we had been at this for an hour now.

"How do you make this look so easy." Complained Kai as the car jumped slightly when he took his foot off the clutch to quick.

"I've been driving since I was a eleven of course I can make it look easy. Plus Hayden taught me he was a street racer to when he was a teenager."

Kai let out a mumble of complaints as he tried parking the car in reverse. He was completely over the lines and I was sure he had missed the pillar that was behind us. When he hit the backend of the car into the pillar I knew I was right. Closing my eyes I let out a breath of laughter.

The car was one that me and Damon had learnt to drive in and had it's fair share of dents. There was no way I was letting him drive one of my babies anytime soon. It had taken me at least a year before Hayden at let me in on the good cars.

Well his issue was more along the lines of not wanting other people to drive his cars. Not that I could blame him because when I would let Kai into one of them at some point, I was making sure it was Damon's car and not mine.

"Shit."

"Wouldn't let your mom hear you say that or we will all be dead."

Having watched Jessica before slapping her son around the back of the head I could already see him flinch at the mental thought of it.

Seeing as we were 'parked' Riker poked his head in through the window that was down. There was a grin on his face as he looked at his very pissed off nephew.

"I see things are going well here, you do know your not meant to hit it shit head."

"Shut up." Grumbled out Kai he was clearly down about the whole situation. I think he had high expectations of himself going into this.

Riker must have seen it too because he rested his hand on his nephews head. "Here why don't me and you race against Lyra here and Evie around the track."

I raised my eyebrow things where getting interesting. "Oh really now?"

"Yea I was watching you earlier with Evie I know you've been teaching her to at least take off."

Kai gave me a look of betrayal as he looked at me. This made me roll my eyes as Riker looked proud of himself for dropping me in it.

"She's ten and short, she can hardly see over the wheel I was just showing her how to basically move the car."

"So then let's do two races. One here of us racing around the track and one with Kai and Evie doing a mile straight race." There was a challenge in Riker's eyes and I knew what he was doing. He knew I can never back down from a race.

"Fine. What do the winners get?"

"Well the two of us can discuss what we get later." Riker sent a wink my way.

"Gross." Commented Kai who looked like he was about to throw up.

"Hi trust me kid I'll give you another year or two and you'll be wishing you had that shit."

Before I could even remark on Riker's output my phone starting to ring.

Pulling it out I was able to see the calling ID was blocked. This made me frown, it was never a good sign when you got a phone call like that.