Lesson nineteen

The Only Thing That Matters Is That You Try Your Best.

Home sweet home.

Finally getting home after a long day of work was the best feeling ever. It was Friday night and there was nothing more I wanted than to be rolled up in bed and watch tv. After everything going on I just wanted a night to chill and relax.

Getting changed was the first thing I wanted to do. Stripping off my work clothes as soon as I stepped into my bedroom I threw them into the laundry basket. I first bumped the air in success when they went in on the first shot.

Grabbing one of Riker's hoody's I threw it on with a pair of short shorts. I pulled the sleeves over my hands and started to skip my way back down the stairs. My phone was left up the stairs making sure I couldn't get distracted from my relaxing night.

Once in the kitchen I went into the freezer and grabbed a tub of ice cream. Sitting on the counter I turned on the tv that was in the kitchen. As soon as the ice cream was in my mouth I moaned out in pleasure. There was honesty nothing better in moments like this.

"Princess, we both know you can moan better than that."

I swear to god I almost choked as I turned to look at Riker as he walked into the house through the garage door.

He was shirtless and judging from the grey sweatpants and oil covering his hand he had been working on one of the cars. As much as I loved the sight of him and his tattoos it made me frown.

"Should you not be with the guys?" I asked looking up at the clock. It was past 8 o'clock already and by now he was normally well gone.

"Na." He said walking over to me grabbing my face in his hands before I realised what he was going to do it was to late. He wiped some of the oil onto my face like war paint. He looked proud of his accomplishment as I tried to swipe his hands away with my spoon. Before I could hit him though he give me a quick peck on the lips. "Thought surprise you and spend the night with you."

He took the spoon from my hand and took a bit of my ice cream. He frowned and made a funny face making me laugh.

"What was the point in that you hate ice cream." I giggled out as I watched him suffer.

"The point was I wanted to hear you laugh." He leaned in close to me with his own breath taking smile. "You're brain has been going overdrive lately, I just wanted to hear that beautiful laugh for a moment to make sure you were alright."

"If only your men could hear how their big bad mafia leader speaks to his girlfriend." My voice was low and full of mischief. He gave me one of his heart shattering smiles and for a moment the world stopped.

"Every man has a weakness even they know that and they know that you're mine."

He wasn't lying I could see it in his eyes. I've known this for a while I think that ones of the reason that I have so much drive to succeed. To stand by someone like him I needed to be as strong as I could be I needed to have my own reputation and power. The stronger I was the stronger he was because there was less for him to fear.

Me and him are a team and we were going to build our empires together.

Just then his phone started to ring and I gave him a knowing look. Someone like him could never get a moments piece. How many times have we had moments like these ruined because of that fun.

"Aren't you going to get that?" I asked after a few seconds making my frown. I had made sure to mask my face of disappointment because in the end I knew who we were. At the same time it was the reason I loved him, his drive and passion for what he does.