Dumbledore

Harry was sitting at the Gryffindor table with his fellow Gryffindor members during breakfast. Infront of Harry was an empty plate, a knife and a fork. When someone asked he would brush them off by saying he wasn't hungry or that he already ate before he got there.

Harry glanced at Malfoy the otber table and saw that he looked just as tired as Harry did.

Harry decided to write letter to Malfoy and slip it into his pocket. Something subtle.

However (like culture) he wanted to tease Malfoy

He got out a quill and a parchment and started writing.

Dear Draco Malfoy

I see you from my table. You are uneasy. I know why.
You're diary has gone missing, yeah?
What if I told you I knew where it was?
Of course I won't tell you exactly where it is.
Whats the fun in that?
Instead, I'll give a new letter each week
Your pretty smart, I have no doubt you'll find out where your diary is

The diary is what you seek
But little do you know
The person who has the book
Has been right under your nose

Harry ended the letter and snickered at his anonymous poetry. He looked up at Malfoy imagining him trying to solve the riddle. He grinned.

"Your gay is showing, mate" Harry snapped out of his stance. He didn't catch what Ron said so he tried to make his answer as vague as possible.

"What? Uhm. No, thank you" Harry declined politely.

"What?" Hermione laughed behind her hand. Even Ron tried to hide the smirk forming on his lips.

"I mean, maybe. I don't know" Harry's desperate attempts only made his friends grin wider.

"Did you even hear what I said?" Ron asked.

"I can't say I did" Harry answered guiltily

"And let's keep it that way" Hermione snickered.

Harry rolled his eyes at his friend's attempt to tease him and looked over to the slytherin table only to be shocked.

Malfoy was staring right at him with a look that could melt ice. His face dominated by rage. Harry would never say this out loud but he was honestly nervous. Why was Malfoy so mad. More specifically, why was malfoy mad at him.

"Oi mate" Ron called out for him "Seems like Malfoy's really upset with you"

Harry could of slapped Ron right there and then with his stupid observation. He rolled his eyes instead, "You think so?" His voice leaked with sarcasm.

Ron smiled "Is it about the diary? Did he figure you had it?" Ron said too loudly.

"His what?" Hermione looked over.

Nice going Ron, Harry mentally cursed his small brained friend. Instead of denying Hermione, he decided to play dumb.

"His what, what?" Harry asked.

"His diary, you said his diary" Hermione put her fork down.

"You have his diary?" Harry gasped in amusement

"Do you?" Hermione shot back. If she was annoyed, she didn't show it.

"Do I?" Harry asked sounding genuine even though he wasn't.

"Thats for you to tell me" She said.

"Harry has Draco's diary" Ron snitched

"Ronald!" Harry shouted at him, anger rising to his face.

"Sorry mate, it was getting annoying" Ron apologised.

"I knew it" Hermione bit her lip. "You never listen, Harry"

"If you knew what was in the diary, you'd keep it as well!" Harry tried his best to convince his female friend to keep the diary.

"I'm sure whatever is in there is kept in the diary to ensure privacy."

"Yeah I know, but--"

"In all honestly, whatever I say will come into one ear and fall out the other. So all I'm saying is if you get expelled for violating Draco's privacy, I don't want my name anywhere near that conversation with you and Dumbledore."

Then it hit him.

Why was he deciding to go through this alone when he had someone as close to him as if he were his parent? Why did he choose to struggle in finding answers when he could just ask dumbledore for advice?

"Oh my Merlin!" Harry exclaimed "Your an absolute genius Mione!"

"What? I just said that you could be expelled!" Hermione said, confusion written all over her face. Ron has the same expression.

"Thanks Hermione! I owe you big time for this!" And with that, Harry ran out of the hall in visible excitement.

"Hes a strange bloke, ill tell you that" Ron whispered. Hermione silently agreed.