I don't have it

After reading a part of Draco's Diary,  Harry felt like he was craming too much information into his mind. He also felt horrible snooping through other's business and lying to his friends about it. But he had to. He knew he would find out something important. His only obstacles were Hermione, Ron and possibly Draco

Either way, he couldn't let anyone see he posses others personal objects without a good excuse to be holding onto it.

As you may know already, Harry is a terrible liar. The only lies people believed in was when he possesed unknown luck.

Harry had decided to leave the ROR and return to his common room. He walked out the room. The door disappearing as if it was never there. He knew if he was spotted walking down the halls by Hermione he would be in big trouble so he brought his invisibility cloak as extra prepecation.

The walk back to his common room was uneventful for it was past cerfew. Everyone was either heading back or already in their rooms.

Harry was lucky enough to not of bumped into anyone on the way. He sped walk past portraits and a few ravenclaws. Other than that, he was safe.

When Harry made it to the common room. Hermione was sitting on the loveseat with her boyfriend who clearly looked like he didn't want to be there infront of the dying flames.

Harry tried his best to walk past them behind their couch.

"Lovely of you to join us so late, Harry"

To say Harry was suprised was an understatement. Hermione had knew excacly where he was and he wasn't making any sound.

There was no point in hiding anymore. He threw his cloak over his head looking defeated. Hermione jumped off the seat followed by Ron who just grinned.

She drew her wand pointing it under Harry's chin daring him to move
"Where in Merlin's beard where you!?" She screamed not caring about the sleeping students upstairs.

"Why are you awake?" Harry shot back

"Just because I'm your friend does not mean I'm afraid to hex you into next week" Hermione threatened "now answer my question!"

"I was in the Room Of Requirement" Harry gulped.

Hermione gave him a questionable look "and why were you in there?"

Harry didn't answer. How could he? He didn't have a lie.

The bushy haired girl seemed to understand that Harry was doing something she wouldn't approve of. Her eyebrows flared in unamusement.

"Harry I'm not gonna ask you again..."

"I was reading..." he answered

Hermione wanted more. "What were you reading excacly?"

"A book"

Ron chuckled behind his girlfriend earning a mad glare. He immediately shut up.

"Alright smartass," Hermione looked back at Harry who had not moved from her wand. "What was the book called. I'm interested"

"You've seen it before" Harry wasn't lying, she has technically seen the book. She just hadn't read it.

"Oh have I now?" She snorted unamused "What is its title?"

Harry was stuck now. He couldn't say the book title without giving away that he had the book. Silence wasn't the best answer.

"Harry, so help me I will look everywhere and if you have even more than a page of Malfoy's diary. I will not be happy"

No one liked a cross Hermione. The last boy who made her angry ended up having a whole 2 months detention scrubbing the bathrooms and cleaning the Owlery. Hermione was a teachers pet and was given the power to send any student that she believes has broken rules straight to detention. No questions asked.

"You can search me now,I don't have the git's diary!"

"Oh? If I were to unhand you of everything, your telling me you wouldn't have his book?"

No "yes. I have nothing"

Draco's Diary was in Harry's inside robe pockets.