Assassination

"Sherbet Lemon."

The bronze Gargoyle leading to the Headmaster's office turned, revealing a spiral of stairs leading up to a larger room. Harry took them with hesitation in each of his steps.

After his last visit to Dumbledore ending in disaster, he made an unofficial promise to limit his appointments in the future. However, the recent discovery he had made had been eating him up for a while now and the only person who'd react properly to Dumbledore's impending death would be Dumbledore himself.

So up the stairs he went. Harry kept his back straight and face closed off, careful not to give off any negative emotions before spilling the news.

In a delicate way, of course.

When Harry finally entered the main room, Dumbledore was sat at his desk, Fawkes by his side. The phoenix squawked at Harry's arrival, alerting the Headmaster of the new presence in his office.

"Ah, Harry. It's good to see you once again. I believe your last visit ended in a hasty get-away."

Harry flushed, rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry professor... Hermione's voice carries through the walls of this castle. I could have sworn she was calling me..."

Dumbledore raised an aged eyebrow. "Of course."

"Sir... if there were to be an assassination taking place on someone in this school, what would be the best course of action?"

Dumbledore didn't seem to be deterred at all. The man simply finished writing down the last few words on his parchment before placing it down on his desk and folding his hands together.

"Where has this question come from?"

"Nowhere." Harry replied quickly, planting a troubled smile on his face, "sure, it's oddly specific, but it's possible! Not that it's going to happen—  I mean... I wouldn't know! I don't know anything you don't... do I? No! I don't!"

Dumbledore cleared his throat, "You're stumbling on your words. Would you care for a sherbet lemon?"

The man pointed to a bowl of sour sweets that rested at the end of his desk.

Normally, Harry would decline politely, but anything to keep his mouth shut from accidentally spilling the beans about what he had read would certainly work in his favour.

Dumbledore looked pleased when Harry reached for a sweet and ate it. He waited patiently until the younger student had reached the sherbet powdered middle before speaking again. "So... assassination? Personally, I would inform the highest form of authority of this school. For example, a few of the Heads of Houses like professor McGonagall, professor Snape, professor Sprout and professor Flitwick. Maybe even Filch or Hagrid. Or even me if it is that serious."

Harry finished munching on his sweet, a frown on his face.

"Have I answered your question to your satisfaction?"

"Well..." Harry began, twiddling his fingers.

Dumbledore's eyes sparkled in curiosity, "Yes?"

"...Yes sir. Thank you sir."

It might seem crazy but... Harry didn't want Malfoy to get into trouble... he didn't want Malfoy to be punished for being forced into something he didn't want to.

Dumbledore didn't have to know... maybe Harry could confront Draco about it?

But then he'd have to confess...

...

Maybe not yet...

But eventually?

...

"I'll see you later, Headmaster."

Dumbledore looked a little thrown off but his features were quickly schooled to one of understanding.

"See you soon, Harry."

You know what I've realised? This book has been out for 2 years and I'm nowhere near the end...
Hm...

ANYWAY, 7TH OF DECEMBER
MY BIRTHIVERSARY 🎁🎂
Hope you enjoyed the chapter!