Flowers

Harry was fuming. He was livid.

Harry had tried his best to be nice and hopefully build some sort of friendship with Malfoy, maybe if he had succeeded, it would of been easier to give the diary back to Malfoy.

Instead, he was retreating to his common room with a broken nose and a diary with the name 'Draco Malfoy' on it because he didn't even get the chance to give it back to Malfoy.

Harry had reached his room without attracting any attention to his obvious broken nose. He was mad, he kinda had the urge to read Draco's diary just to spite him.

He did.

He flipped to one of the most recent entries. He knew that was where all the extra secretive entries were. This time, it had a date.

Draco Malfoy, Age 16, 5th June

Its my birthday, what joy. (Harry could hear and see the sarcasm dripping from the words)

I hate birthdays. It's the worst day of the year. It's a constant reminder of the world telling you that you have to mature otherwise everyone will see you as 'odd'. We can't have that staining the Malfoy bloodline now can we?

Harry scoffed. Malfoy only thought about his name. It is literally a only a name.

Today I got ready for breakfast. Today we were going to meet my soon-to-be fiancé. The person I'd marry as soon as I leave Hogwarts.

I had breakfast with father and the woman again. The woman wished me a happy birthday and hoped I had a good day son. She called me son. I am not her son. And she knows that, but she doesn't care. She doesn't care that she's being insensitive. She will never replace mother and she knows that.

After breakfast, I had some time to myself in the garden. I sat in the flower field behind the Manor. I like roses. Everyone likes roses. I like roses because they are beautiful to look at, but they prick your fingers if you get too close. I like to think that roses have their own personalities. Like, Roses are elegant and wise, intellegent and hardworking. Kinda like a Ravenclaw. Sunflowers are bubbly and sweet. They help put a smile to your face but sometimes the bright colour irritates your eyes. Like a Hufflepuff.

I'm stuck on what a Gryffindor or Slytherin's flower would be. It's hard to choose just one flower to represent the houses. Ravenclaw and hufflepuff were easier to pick but Gryffindors and Slytherins don't really have a set personality.

Father called me back into the Manor telling me that my fiancé has arrived to see me.

When I walked into the Manor I could see the woman I was expected to marry. Astoria Greengrass.

She was a pretty woman, I couldn't deny. But she wasn't my type. Actually, woman aren't even my type. I find myself drifting to men. I have a higher interest in them. But Father shall never find out.

I was expected to spend some time with the woman before marriage to get to know her and her plans after we leave Hogwarts.

She had rambled on about how lucky she was to marry a cute Malfoy boy like me then said she wanted to have 6 children. Through obvious manners I looked her in the eyes to express interest while she was speaking. I realised a few things

She wears an unbearable amount of makeup. A foundation that doesn't even match her neck. When she batted her eyelashes, you could see her fake lashes shaking as if they were on their last strand of eyelash.

Thats another thing. Woman who wear lots of makeup are hard to figure out. You can never see what they really look like because they use makeup to cover up their natural faces.

I tuned out of the conversation. I wish mother were here. She would of taken me out. Maybe to quiddich, or somewhere where we could relax. I wish I had gone with her. I wish that everyday.

Mother, Please Come Home.

Harry bookmarked the diary and put it down.

First, Malfoy had a somewhat soft side to flowers
Second, Malfoy was engaged and GAY
And last, Malfoy's mother isn't really his... mother?

Harry felt confused. He needed to find this out.