5 - Just Something Short IDk

"Into my room," he said pulling me towards his door. I hesitated to go in at first but I entered. It was a lot like my room, minus the fountain. Though electronic scraps were strewn across his bed. Parts of dvd players, disassembled iPhone models, and an almost complete radio. I ran towards it.

"Can I borrow this some time?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said, like he didn't hear my question. "Wanna get out of here?" I looked up.

"How?" I asked. "And why?" He walked into the bathroom and closed the door. A few seconds later he came out dressed in... I had no idea what. It looked like blue pants and an undershirt, with a red sweatshirt. But he had on these weird black goggle things over a red mask looking thing.

"Uh Peter? What are you wearing?"

"It's... my suit? I really don't know." He started laughing and I joined him.

"Well, it's what I wear when I swing so people don't see my face. Cause you know, secret identity." He shrugged. "But I brought you here to see if," he bit down on his lip. "Well, I know we don't really know each other, but do you want to get out of here? I don't know, get to know each other better? Were going to be working together after all. It would just be awkward if we didn't." He was talking fast, and with my ADHD brain I was just able to understand what he was saying. I think it was along the lines of hang out, get to know each other, become friends.

"Yeah, sure." I said. "But I can't swing, and if we're not going out the front door..." I said. Peter just smirked.

"Follow me." He entered the bathroom and I followed as he walked over to a window above the toilet.

"Sometimes I practice swinging one handed. So, hypothetically, if we sneak out this window, I could hold onto you and we could go somewhere?" Did he just say sneak out? I was a master at that.

"How about the pier, as long as you promise not to drop me." I countered.

"Deal," he said.

"Oh," suddenly I had a thought. "Don't you think people would stare at you even more if I'm hanging onto you?" I said. "I mean shouldn't I at least cover my face?" He hit his head like Duh!

"Yeah, yeah your right... I'll be right back." He stammered. I watched him leave the bathroom and pull something red and black out of his dresser. A mask, with spider web lines and two oddly shaped eyes holes.

"Put this on, it will cover your face." He said, handing it to me.

"But what is it?" I asked.

"Something I've been working on, but hurry. I don't know how long I can keep the cameras from seeing us." He said it like he hacked into them. Wait.. did he? I pulled on the mask over my head and Peter opened the window. Stepping up onto the toilet, he grabbed my waist.

"Hold on," he said. And then we jumped out the window.