Schools Out Of Session! And So's Your Life!

A/N: Hello my wonderful readers! I know I haven't updated in a WHILE, and I apollogize! To make up for it, I have written a uh- 2600+ words for you all too read!!! 😃 👏 So enjoy!! (90% edited)

        I was glad that the halls were empty, and that was because Peter had said that school starts at 7:30. It was 7:44, so we had just missed the rush. He said we were going to start by getting my schedule from the office.

"You must be Ashely Walker, our new student." Principle Morita says. "Here's your schedule, and we have already taken the liberty of collecting your school supplies." He handed me a box full of school related things.

"Don't forget to stop by the nurses office on your way out." He called as we left his office.

"What does he mean by that?" I asked Peter as we walked down the hall.

"I don't know," he replied. "But we'll find out at the end of our tour I guess." He shrugged and continued to show me all of my classes and where my locker would be. I was glad to find that it was close to his. The last thing he showed me was the gym, which was located in the basement, though there was an exit up to the main floor. The gym was big for a nerdy school, I'll give it that.

It seemed set up from some sort of obstacle course thing. A climbing rope, something like a high jump and climbing net were set up in the gym.

"What's all this for?" I asked Peter. He looked a little horrified by the sight of the gym. "What is it? What's wrong?" He swallowed.

"Um, nothing. It's just that on Monday it's going to be Test Day in the gym. Meaning it's like an obstacle course." He said. I didn't see what was so bad about that.

"I bet you do really good," I say, but he shakes his head.

"I would, I mean if I could. I was a nerd before I got my powers, so I still have to act like one. Otherwise everyone will either make fun of me for trying too hard or discover you-know-what." He said. I nodded. "Even though I could ace this course..." He looked longley at it, and suddenly I got an idea.

"This is the last thing on the tour right?" I asked. He nodded. "Well then I say we do the course right now. I mean, we've got time, right?" I ask. Peter takes out his phone and checks the time.

"Happy doesn't get back for another 15 minuets... I'm in!" He says cheerfully, running over to the high jump section. It was a cluster of bars, all raised at different levels. There were 5 of them, the lowest one as high as my knee caps. The highest one was taller than Peter, who was taller than me.

Peter sprinted up to the first bar and jumped over it like it was nothing, which technically, it was. Then he jumped over the second one, and then the third. The fourth one was about as tall as he was, but he had no problem scaling it. Then came the last one, which he leaped over with inhuman strength.

"Bravo," I said, giving him a mocking applause, though he just smirked. Then moved onto the climbing net, which he climbed up like a spider on a web. Though I think being part spider helped. Then he moved onto the rope, grabbing it with both his hands and shimmying his way up to the top faster then any normal person.

"So?" He said, walking over to me after practically flipping down from the ceiling and landing half squatting, half sitting position. "What do you think?"

"That was..." I tried to look for the right word.

"Amazing." someone said from behind us. I turned to look and almost jumped out of my shoes. A middle aged man was standing in the entrance of the gym slowly clapping his hands.