Chapter 2 - I Become A Spy

This chapters kind of short, and sorry if I spell some stuff wrong. I'm always updating so some things might not be the same, but its not boring I can tell you that!

       Reluctantly I left Grover and followed Will towards the cluster of buildings shaped like a greek omega. Now that I was up close, I noticed that they were all numbered 1-20. We walked up to Number 7 and Will opened the door.

My jaw dropped. On the outside, it looked like a small, rundown, summer camp cabin. But despite its size, it was much bigger inside.

Beds lined the walls, all with a curved privacy curtain that could circle all the way around, closing off your space from everyone else. Along the back wall was a big shelf with a bunch of cubbies with name tags, like a kindergarten classroom. Each space was occupied with some type of instrument.

Sun was shining in my eyes and I looked up and gasped in pure wonder. A skylight was above my head, and Will must have noticed me looking, because he said,

"It follows dad- er, the sun, when it moves." I hadn't noticed it outside because the roof was slanted. Hanging on the walls were different types of bows, and not the type you put in your hair. There were huge bows and of all different kinds. And instead of a traditional moose head hanging on the inside of the door, there was a pair of golden arrows making a cross like an X. A huge purple carpet covered the middle part of the cabin, with what must have been Apollos "logo" on it in gold.

Some kids were sitting on beds string bows, others were polishing instruments. Then all looked up as we entered the cabin. It was then that I realized music was playing. I looked around and spotted a radio on top of the shelf in the back of the room. It was playing my favorite song. Will noticed this too, and said,

"It plays whatever you want it to. Everybody hears it differently." Magic? How was that possible? Though I kept finding out things were possible; Grover being part goat, the sun is really a convertible, my dad being a greek god. A radio that played whatever you wanted didn't seem as impressive. But it was more curious to me than scary.

"Hey guys, this is Ashely." Will introduced me to everyone, though I forgot most of their names as they said them. Will gave me an empty bed near the back of the cabin and told me to meet him in the pavilion, - which was a big dining space, - for dinner. He and everyone else in the cabin all got up and said something about going to archery. They left me alone in the cabin.

Reluctantly I swung my backpack off my back and opened it up. I guessed this didn't mean school for a while, though I hesitated to throw away my books. Even if they were about algebra and the American Revolution. I put them and some late homework papers in a drawer on my nightstand which each bed had. Then I pulled out my walkmen and put it on top of the nightstand. My red backpack I stashed along with my now-empty school bag underneath my bed. Soon I heard some horn thing blow in the distance. Will had told me that would be the dinner horn. I hadn't realized how hungry I'd been. I didn't eat breakfast, and had barely touched my lunch.

I got up off my bed and headed to the door, still wondering what was going on.

I looked around and saw a lot of campers were headed in the same direction, probably to the pavilion. I followed them towards a big greek looking temple thing. There were about 12 different picnic tables in the pavilion, and sitting on them were different groups of people. Literally.

A group of big burly kids sat at one table. They all looked similar and shared the same feisty spirit as played rough with each other.

I saw that Leo McShizzle guy sitting at a table with a bunch of kids who looked like they worked out for a living. Leo looked sort of out of place there, but they must have all been siblings of some sort because they all looked alike and got along like siblings.