Chapter 2

The walk back to my own house was a little lonely to be honest.  Without Nagito, I had no one to talk to and the silence was uncomfortable, even though I was alone.  By sunset, I had gotten home.  It seemed that Nagito lived further away than I had anticipated.  Not that it mattered.  My parents were away on business trips.  As the Ultimate Business Man and the Ultimate Accountant, they were constantly on the move.  I just stayed at home and took care of the house while they were gone.  Feeling a little too tired to cook anything, I had a cold sandwich and then went upstairs to lay down.  I set up my laptop to watch some shows, but fell asleep shortly afterwards.  

The next morning, my alarm went off once again at 6AM.  

How annoying...

I got out of bed and showered, taking a little longer than normal to get ready.  I was less energetic thanks to the anxiety of a new school being gone.  Breakfast was a bowl of cereal and orange juice.  I considered skipping school, but that wouldn't look too good on me now would it?  I grabbed my bag and sighed before walking to school.  It was getting colder out, so I had a sweater on to keep me warm throughout the day.  

Walking into school, I ran into Mikan, who fell into a.. strange position.. 

"O-oh, Mikan! Are you okay?" I quickly helped the girl up, hoping no one else noticed.

Mikan squealed "I-I'm so s-sorry!" She cried as she stood up.

I shook my head quickly "Don't worry!  I ran into you, I should've been watching where I was going." I tried to erase the image from my brain and quickly changed the subject. "A-anyways, do you want to walk to class together?" 

Mikan wiped her eyes and nodded "S-sure.."

We walked together, and I asked her some questions about her talent.  I was very curious about how she did things as the Ultimate Nurse.  Once we arrived at class, we walked inside.

Nagito waved at me with a smile, and I waved back happily.  

"I gotta go Mikan!  I'll see you at lunch!" I ran over to Nagito.  

There's plenty of time until Ms. Yukizome gets here, I can talk to him for awhile.

I sat in an empty seat next to him. "Hey Nagito!  How's it going?"

Nagito shrugged as he rested his chin in his hand.  "Well, considering it's only 7:15A.M, it isn't going too bad so far."

I chuckled softly and nodded in agreement. "It is pretty early yet I suppose.." 

We talked for the next fifteen minutes before Ms. Yukizome arrived, just discussing our hobbies.  I also spent a considerable amount of time telling Nagito to quit calling himself trash.  It made me sad that he thought of himself that way.  No human is trash.. well.. maybe.  

"Okay class! Take your seats please!  We have quite a bit to go over today!" Ms. Yukizome's cheerful tone rang through the room.  "Plus!  Today is a special day!  Instead of spending all day in class, your time today will be devoted to working on your talent.  Remember that you have the exams at the end of the year.  You will need to be ready with your talents by then."  

I smiled as she mentioned getting to work on talents.  I knew there was a music room in the school building so I would be able to write some music there.  

Ibuki practiced on the school roof since her music was much too loud for the school building, and other students complained when she played.

Nagito on the other hand, seemed quite disappointed.  Of course, how was he supposed to practice luck?  I wonder what he will do..