chapter 18: lovesick

Seeing the president like this reminds me that she's also a human with emotions, just like everyone else. She's so proper and emotionless that you would think she's a robot.  She's also incredibly self centered, so seeing her care like this means a lot more to me than what may meet the eye.  "President," I say softly, "it's okay to not completely understand your feelings, so don't stress over it." I look into her eyes and seem to see a vast sea of pain in those ice blue eyes. "P-president...can I ask you something?" She offers me a small smile with pain as it's foundation, "Of course, dear."

"How do you do it?" I ask. "Do what?" she asks in response. "H-how do you keep all of these bottled up emotions hidden behind that poker face?" She lets out a light chuckle, "I never really have many emotions if I'm honest.  Also, my poker face is something my clan practically teaches us before we even learn how to walk." I want to save her. "B-but president, you don't have to use that poker face with me... We're not in a gamble and I know you're always carrying immense pressure on your shoulders; however, I feel like lately you've been hurting rather than stressed."  She tilted her head, "What do you mean, dear?  I feel fine." 

Whether she realizes it or not, she is definitely emotionally hurting.  Perhaps even she's convinced herself that she's emotionless like those around her to believe, but I know that's not the case.  I silently stare at her for a moment or two, trying to understand her.  I gasp suddenly as I feel her arms quickly wrap around me, and she pulls herself closer to me.  She digs her head into my chest and I feel her hot breath on my bare skin.  "Well..now let me ask you, Sayaka..." she says softly, "How do you do it?  How do you manage to see right through me?"