chapter 9: instinct

She looked down at my fidgeting hands as well.  "Oh that reminds me," she smirks, "here, open your hand, I have something to give you."  I hesitantly open my hand because you never know what to expect with the president.  The president takes her own hand, which is balled up in a fist and puts it on my hand.  I then feel something cold and smooth fall between my fingers.  It was the president's hand?!  "Just kidding, I just wanted to hold your hand!" the president laughed.  "That was s-smooth, president," I reply with a shy laugh.  This is what happened: She pretended to give me something, however, instead of placing an item in my hand, she slipped her own hand through my fingers to grasp my own hand in hers.

"Want to watch a movie?" the president asked bubbly.  I say with excitement in my voice, "Sure!"  The president smiles from seeing my reaction, "So, what do you want to watch?"  I think for a moment but reply, "I don't mind, anything is fine with me!"  The president raised an eyebrow out of amusement, "Is that so?  Well then, we're watching a horror movie!" she snickered, knowing I don't do well with scary stuff.  I naturally squeezed her hand a bit anxiously.  "O-ok," I replied shakily, hoping that she didn't hear the light tremble in my voice.  Still holding my hand, the president grabbed a remote and pointed it at the large television facing her bed. 

"Ah yes, you'll like this one," she said mischievously.  She clicked on a gross-looking movie that I had never heard of.  "I'll turn off the lights," she said as she let go of my hand gently and got up.  She turned off the lights and climbed back into the bed.  We leaned back on luxurious pillows that were propped up against the head of her bed.  She pressed play and the movie started.