chapter 20: under a wishing sky

We silently enjoyed each other's warmth for a moment before she got off of the bed and reached out her hand for me to grab. "Come with me," the president said with kind eyes. Goodness, does she just not sleep? It's getting late and she sure has quite a bit of energy still. However, I could never turn down those pleading eyes of hers. I take her hand as I get out of the bed as well. She guides me to a door that leads out to her balcony. I didn't even know she had a balcony, but as always, she is full of surprises.

We both step onto the elegantly decorated balcony as our eyes adjust to the beautiful dark night sky of Japan. It is warm out, but of course I am still a little cold since I'm so small for my age. The president must've noticed the small goosebumps on my arm. She gently let go of my hand and smoothly slid her hand down my back, moving towards my waist. She softly gripped my hip bone and pulled me close to her. I blush as I feel her body's warmth against my skin.

We both gaze over the balcony's railing to admire the academy's gorgeous campus. "This view is perfect, don't you think, Sayaka?" she smiles as she looks over at me. "It's great! I had no idea the campus looked so pretty at night, and especially from this height!" I beam, still admiring the landscape. I suddenly flinch as I notice a bird had been standing rather close to me on the railing. How long had he been there? "My, what a pretty bird! It scared me a bit though," I say radiantly.

The bird tilted its head at me and chirped like he was trying to talk to me. I giggle at the bird's weird behavior and can't help but smile. "How cute," the president says warmly. I turn to face the president, and I'm a little surprised to see that she is staring directly at me. I respond to her eagerly, "Isn't it adorable? Birds are so cu-" I cut my sentence short as I feel the president's slender fingers caress my chin and tilt my head upwards, so that I am looking up at the taller girl.

"Ah, I suppose the bird is kind of cute as well..." she smirks. I tilt my head at her slightly. What is she talking about? She continues to smirk at me as she narrows her eyes. What is she... Oh my god. Wait. She was talking about me?! She called me cute, not the bird!? I feel my face getting hot and I stammer, "W-w-wh.." I can't manage any words. Why am I so flustered? It's nothing too..special... I break eye contact out of pure embarrassment and finally manage a meek, "P-president!?"

She put her other hand around the other side of my waist, so that both hands were grasping a side of my waist. She laughed as she pulled me in closer to her. "Goodness, your reaction was beyond adorable just now! I wish I recorded that!" she giggled. I feel myself blushing harder, this is so embarrassing. Although I am beyond flustered and embarrassed, I can't help but notice a rosy tint on the president's cheeks. Is she...Is she blushing? Surely not, it must be the lighting. Or perhaps she's cold? Right?