chapter 10: butterflies

The movie opens with creepy music and I already feel chills go down my spine.  One thing that I hate almost as much as gambling is horror movies.  I know that they are fake and completely illogical the majority of the time, but my anxiety never fails to get the best of me.  However, of course the movie she chose was based on a disturbing true story.  The president and I stopped holding hands after she got up to turn off the lights, but I really wish we still were.  The president must've seen me anxiously playing with my hands when she asked with a smirk, "Nervous already, Sayaka?  It has hardly started."  I try to keep my shaking hands still as I reply, "W-well I'm just not too good with horror movies, but I-I will be fine." I manage a small smile. 

As soon as I finished my embarrassing sentence, a jump scare appeared on the screen followed by a loud noise.  I unavoidably jumped a bit at it.  The president must think I'm such a wimp.  As I'm lost in self-loathing thoughts of how weak I am, my mind finally stopped when I felt a familiar cold object grasp my hand.  The president gently placed her hand on mine, as if my own hand was as delicate as an egg.  She smiled as she could see my body physically calm down and relax.  She inched a little closer to me in the midst of all this.

My heart is pounding so loud and fast that I wouldn't be surprised if the president heard it.  "Say, Sayaka," I turn my head to look at her as she continues, "if I killed someone, would you help me hide the body?"  She playfully bumped into my shoulder with her own shoulder and looked excitedly into my eyes for a response.  I know it's a joke, but knowing the president, I wouldn't be surprised if she "took care of business" that way.  I blush, "Anything for you, president!"  She lets out a cute laugh and rests her head on my shoulder.

Oh. My. God.  This is too much for my feelings to handle.  I've dreamed of scenarios like this for so long.  The president is resting her head on my shoulder?!  I seriously must be dreaming.  I try not to tense up too much as I feel her head lightly resting on my shoulder.  She's always touchy with me with all of her teasing, so I should be used to it by now.  However, every time, without fail, I manage to get flustered.  Especially with all the physical affection the president is giving me right now!  I'm so happy.