13

Dream opened his front door and I heard a quiet meow. "Hi, yes. I'm sorry for leaving. We have a guest."

  He held the door open for me and I saw the cat he was talking to, Patches. "Nice to meet you little lady." I knelt down and held my hand out for her to approach if she was comfortable with it. She came up to me and rubbed against my hand. I smiled at her.

  "I think she likes you." Dream looked back at me from locking the door.

  I stood back up. "I'm glad."

  He walked further into his house and gestured to my bag. "You packed light."

  I chuckled and sadly smiled at the bag. "I did. I didn't originally pack this light, though. He only threw my backpack out with me." Realization dawned on me. "Oh shit, I haven't checked if my laptop is broken, yet. Do you mind if I do?" I pointed to the kitchen island near us.

  "Yeah, go ahead." He watched as I took the laptop out of my backpack and pulled the charger with it. "Why would it be broken?"

  I started carefully opening it in case the screen was shattered, luckily it wasn't. "It was in the backpack which was thrown at me, like thrown full force." I saw the unoccupied outlet on the side of the island and used it to plug my laptop in. "Luckily, I was in the way of it hitting the wall." I joked.

  "The David guy did that?" Dream was definitely upset with him.

  I nodded. "I don't think Pix has the strength to throw a backpack that hard, no matter how much momentum she puts into it." I looked over at Dream. "Pix is smaller than me, whereas David has a similar build to you, he's just not as tall."

  "Who exactly is this David guy?" Dream was trying to subtly get answers about what happened out of me, but was failing miserably at the subtlety.

  "Pixie's boyfriend of six months, apparently." I frowned at my laptop whose screen still hadn't lit up.

  "Apparently?" He sat down at the kitchen island, opposite to me.

  "I'd never heard anything about him, but now I know him real well." I grimaced. "He's a fucking asshole."

  "Did you wanna tell me what happened now?" He looked down at Patches who clearly wanted to get up. "You don't have to." He reached down and gently set her into his lap.

  I looked over at him. "Do you want like the whole story or why I was thrown out?"

  "How about I start with why you were thrown out?" He watched as Patches got up onto the island from his lap.

  I thought it over for a second, now with a bit less foggy of a brain. "Well, see I'm not exactly sure what happened because I was having an insane panic attack towards the end of it." I checked my screen quickly, still nothing. "It was a long build up, but I remember when David yanked me out of my seat that's kinda where the real panic attack started." I reached for where he had grabbed my arm, but moved away from it. "So, I get all shaky when I have a panic attack and my hands shake uncontrollably. So, David asked me to do the dishes and I said I couldn't because I knew I'd break a dish with how shaky my hands were. He got real mad about that and threw a plate at the wall behind me, or maybe at me and he missed. I have like certain things that'll just make my voice stop working when I'm having a panic attack and dishes breaking happens to be one of them. They were really upset that I wasn't talking and I think David threw me out because Pixie started crying because I wouldn't talk to her." I looked down at my laptop and saw the Acer logo show up. "Yes! It's not broken!" I looked up to Dream with a triumphant smile, but it immediately dropped when I saw how upset he was. "Oh my god, I'm sorry."