5

I woke up feeling amazing this morning. I was riding off of the high of hitting a hundred thousand on Twitch. Dream and I had talked for a while after the stream had ended about random things. He was so nice to talk to. I felt like I could talk to him for hours and it would only feel like a minute. I grabbed my phone from my nightstand and opened it.

My whole mood changed when I opened Twitter. The first tweet on my timeline made my stomach drop.

User @user1
All of you making fun of Heather's picture need to grow the fuck up. She's gorgeous.

What fucking picture?

I immediately assumed the worst and could feel my chest tightening. I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready for my face to be out there. How was it out there?

I thought that my worst nightmares had come true. This was exactly the kind of reaction I expected if I showed my face, everyone making fun of me.

I've never had the highest self esteem and I don't think I'll ever be ready to hear the truth from all of the people calling me ugly. What picture? What picture did they see?

I searched my name on Twitter and scrolled through so many comments about my weight between two people. It was a picture of two people and I was one of them. I kept scrolling to look for the picture, until I found the first image someone had posted.

User @user2
This is the picture everyone thinks is Heather Garden for everyone who's asking:

I hesitantly clicked on the picture and wiped the tears from my eyes to see. That wasn't me. I felt my breathing begin to even out. It was a picture of Tyson and Riley holding a cake with 100k written in icing on it.

I clicked on the tweet to see what the replies were. It was a combination of people telling the original author to delete the tweet and people commenting on Riley. They thought I was Riley.

Knowing that people were calling Riley of all people ugly made me want to throw up. She didn't deserve any of that. What would they think if I actually showed my face? Riley was gorgeous and I was just... me.

I kept scrolling through my mentions trying to figure out how this even happened. Luckily, I found a thread explaining it. The picture was posted to my Instagram for a minute with no explanation before getting deleted.

That meant it could've been a couple people, but I immediately knew who it was. The one person notorious for almost leaking my personal information, Tyson.

It made sense that people thought I was Riley. They knew Tyson and what she looked like. They knew that we grew up together and lived close. What they didn't know was who Riley was. Riley went by Savage online and had never done any sort of face reveal. She was never opposed to it. She just saw no reason for it.

I scrolled through a couple more tweets to make sure that this was in fact the picture that everyone was referencing. Once I felt secure in the fact that my face wasn't really out there, I started panicking for completely separate reasons.

How the hell was I supposed to get myself out of this mess?

I went through my notifications to see who had found out about the situation. The first person to message me about it was Dream. It made sense. He knew how terrifying it would be to get your face revealed to the world.

Dream
Is everything okay?
Was that picture of you meant to get out?

Heather Garden
It wasn't a picture of me. It's of two of my friends, but thank you so much for checking up on me
I woke up thinking it was an actual picture of me so still recovering from that
Overall though, at least my face isn't out there