Chapter Twenty-Eight

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: LOVEABLE

Why doesn't hatred kill desire? I would have given anything to sleep. I would have behaved like a schoolboy if I had believed in the possibility of a substitute. But there was a time when I had tried to find a substitute, and it hadn't worked.
-Graham Greene

"Love?" I call Jasper, digging the phone I pick pocketed from Atlas in the car out of my pocket. "I'm going to go talk to Fly," Jasper instantly pouts, making me roll my eyes. "Don't get jealous, he has nothing on you."

Not taking my words to heart, Jasper crosses his arms and stares at me when I stand, clearly not wanting me to be next to him with Jasper there.

But one hint of turbulence and I think Jasper will kill himself tripping.

So I put a standing-ban on him.

Out of all the fucking years this guy has been flying places, you'd think his body would be used to it. Yet he's already elbowed one of his cousins- -thankfully it was Axel- -in the back of the head, stepped on one of his uncles, chest-bumped one of Scarlett's sisters into an empty seat and lastly, sat on me when trying to get to his seat.

The giant's too clumsy for his own good.

"Be back soon?" The musician asks, minty eyes hopeful.

I nod, but he's clearly not done with the conversation as he raises a finger.

At first, I honestly think he's flipping me off but then I realize he's pointing to his lips. See? Adorable, needy puppy.

Leaning over, I peck his lips and where his right dimple shows up for good measure. "Happy now?"

"Um..." He shakes his head, pointing to his face again. "Here please."

Raising an eyebrow, "You're pointing to your entire face."

Jasper nods, grinning widely.

Shaking my head, I kneel on my seat, take his face in my hands and kiss every inch of this dork's gorgeously flushed face until he's giggling and happy again, making me give him just a few extra pecks on the lips.

"I'm not asking again," My words make him pout for a split second before he's grinning again. "I'm gonna be gone, but I'll be right back."

Giving him one last warning glare, I make my way over to Scarlett and Flynn, who waves excitedly at me as he catches my eye.

Idiot.

"Cassie!" He cheers. "What brings you to this side of the plane?"

The plane is split into two sections for comfort, adults and kids then teenagers. Then that's split on either side, chairs are reversible but only the three D'Silvetta brothers and Nyx are face to face. Damian looks like he wants to commit murder.

He's facing Axel, so I support him.

There's empty seats in front of me and Jasper but up and to our right is Dela and Lavender, next to them is Eris and Arabella and in front of them, spinning in her seat, is Vivianna next to a sleeping Ahmik.

The ones I don't know that well otherwise are all on the other side, sticking to themselves even if they're all quite loud, singing, or fighting among themselves.

"Hey, so I stole who-know-whose phone," I tell him, having already taken the lock down and having no hesitation tossing it at the football player -Atlas's name is banned from his dictionary. "Two rules, no doing permanent damage, no deleting personal stuff or looking at photos. Other than that, do your worst damage."