Epilogue

EPILOGUE: ONE-DAY

The desire to criticize becomes less and less as the character is developed. It is the mark of a fine character never to be critical and to mention but rarely the faults of others. A strong character does not resist evil, but uses their strength in building the good. They know that when the light is made strong, the darkness will disappear of itself.
-Christian D. Larson

Having been home a few days with Jasper instantly set my sleep schedule back together, so I'm still waking up at 6, going on a run and then coming back inside to have a smoothie- -one I'd usually share with my mom- -before I plan on waking my boyfriend up. 

Though it's really cold outside, my Uncle Kace always is the one that shovels our driveway and plows the back roads by my house.

It started because my mom used to go on runs all the time, and now because me and Circe do.

Right now it's just past eight in the morning which is about an hour before the time Jasper ever willingly wakes up on the weekend.

That means two things, the first thing is him waking himself up or I'm waking him up instead of letting him get up naturally-something I know I've probably done before, but can't remember doing.

The second is that I will get to hear his attractive morning voice and he will probably be adorably pouty until he really wakes up.

Passing Malakaia- -who is a morning person much more than my older sister, who probably won't wake up until her fiancé drags her off the couch- -I awkwardly wave to her, pointing a thumb down the hall towards our front door.

"I'll be back later." Is all I say for an explanation, and knowing I don't talk a lot she just nods and moves on.

I met her when I was fourteen, so by now I'm okay with her presence and I actually kind of like her.

She's good for Nemesis.

Making him hot chocolate, I make sure to press a lid onto the top of the mug so I don't spill it before I reach my room.

Growing up here, my parents made sure I took enough behavioral therapy to be comfortable enough getting things and living on my own, but also buy things like this and use precaution in case my Tourette's decided to fuck me over.

I kind of tested myself at college and really thought that I would have adjusted quicker, if not for Jasper being so fucking hot and cute and instantly get my nerves up.

Totally worth it.

Once I get to my room I put down the hot chocolate and take the lid off, nearly knocking it over on a tick but narrowly avoiding it.

Jasper makes a small noise like he's asking a question, which is probably due to the fact he smells the hot chocolate than him actually knowing I either left or came back.

Because he's laying on his back, I just climb into bed and sit on his lower back, leaning down to kiss his cheek. "Jitterbug," I murmur, kissing him again. "It's time to get up."

"Hmm," He grunts, stuffing his face closer to the pillow. "No, it's not."

"Au contraire, Love, because it definitely is. We have somewhere to be."

Humming, Jasper asks, "Hell?"

"Eventually, yes." 

Agreeing, I press a kiss against the back of his neck instead of his cheek -which completely backfires because then he just relaxes more. 

"No, Jitterbug, don't-" I growl. "-go back to sleep. I'm taking you to my safe place, and it's a cliff. And it's winter. Which means we really want to be there when the sun is still out and if we try to go later in the day my family will distract us."