Chapter Thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: WORLD

Desire makes life happen. Makes it matter. Makes everything worth it. Desire is life. Hunger to see the next sunrise or sunset, to touch the one you love, to try again. Hell would be waking up and wanting nothing.
-Karen Marie Moning

It's been three weeks since I fought that prick, as always I heal surprisingly fast and my bruises disappeared after a week even if I am still sore.

This is a good thing for me, more than for the normal reasons, because I invited Noelle to come over and meet Jasper.

She's the only other person I know with synesthesia.

And Jasper has never met someone else with the same condition as him and neither has she.

Even though I know that sometimes it's hard to meet other people with Tourette's because we all tic based off of each other and it's quite exhausting I do think that this could be a really good experience for them both.

I'm not quite sure what Jasper's reaction will be or if he'll even be okay with this- -though I can guess that he'll be awkward and happy about it- -but I'm doing it anyway.

Noelle wants to meet him, she's quite excited for it, actually.

Things between me and him are...undefined.

Being my twin and closest friend, I told them both this -how we flirt and sit together and cook for each other and watch movies together and kiss and laugh and race and sit with his friends and how he comes and sits at my practices.

They think he's good for me.

Of course, I can't help but agree.

Now he's there, in everything I do.

It's the small things, him coming with me on my morning runs and catching him if he trips or inevitably watching him run into something and tease him about it.

It's me always thinking of him when I hear soft music and remembering the way he sings while cooking us dinner. It's seeing him in the stands working on his schoolwork during my practice and hearing his praises in the back of my head while running with the football in my hand.

The daily things, the things I do to get through the day in one piece, he's there, covering it all.

Everything I do, he's there with me. In the dorm, on campus, in my classes, during practice, in every single crowd and even in my dreams.

He's against my lips, in my arms, in my head.

I can't escape him.

But I don't want to either.

When Noelle talked to me on the phone on the drive down, she completely made it seem like she was the only one in the car. There wasn't any noise besides her voice other than her favorite see-through red song that she keeps on repeat as she drives.

I quickly learned that wasn't the case as I went down to the parking lot just as she pulled in.

Because Noelle and Circe slammed their doors shut and ran over to me, this part was completely okay, I loved being surprised by my sister since I miss her.

But Max fucking Mitch climbed out the back and tried to hug me too.

Max is the girl's college best friend, one I'm grateful they have as they definitely need someone there for them to help them, especially at parties.

The guy is an annoying fuck who doesn't understand why I don't like physical affection. Max thinks it's because I just haven't had enough of it, which is one of the most frustrating things I have ever had the pleasure of hearing.