Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN: EDEN

Though it doesn't feel like it, crisis places us front and center of desire, which is the force of power. 
-S. Kelley Harrell

The energy in the dorm was tense from the moment we stepped inside, I know his siblings didn't know what it was supposed to look like but they at least got the vibe something was wrong.

Everything was moved.

Every piece of furniture, every trinket, even the shampoo battles, seemed to be out of place as I walked around the apartment half-frantically checking it.

That's even before I remember the dog-tags, to which I start going through my drawers and come up with nothing, making a frustrated shout leave my mouth as I kick my desk -accidentally sending it tipping over.

Which wouldn't have happened if everything wasn't piled heavily on one side, already making it unsteady.

Fuck.

Please, please don't tell me he found it because if he doesn't have it on him, he's definitely hidden it somewhere or it's even in his car.

Meaning I won't have it for a while.

Rushing past Jasper and his family, I check the bathroom for the necklace, but it's still not anywhere to be found.

"Sawyer!" I roar, stomping back into the living room and grab the front of his shirt, shoving him back into my bookshelf. I'm not even worried about it, everything is messy on it and if it happens to fall, it would fall on my brother. "Where is it?"

Atlas shrugs, smirking as he brushes his shoulders off. "Where is what?"

"You know what. Don't fucking play with me! Not about this, where is it?"

Staying silently smug, the prick just shrugs.

"I swear-" I growl. "-to fuck-"

"Calm down, Alpha," He lashes out, shoving me in the chest making me stumble back and gasp as my back hits the corner of the hallway wall. "You'll get it back soon enough."

My jaw clenches as I push myself away from the wall, tensed in pain and only half aware of how bad I'm ticing -at a certain point, I just ignore it, even if it doesn't interrupt me. "Give it back."

"I will," Atlas continues to smirk. "Eventually."

"No, now."

I flinch as he either goes to shove me again- -that or try to start a real fight by punch me- -but before he can Nyx herself is grabbing him and painfully twisting his arm until he's falling back into the bookshelf again -where Damien pins him down.

At the same moment Jasper steps in front of me, arms protectively coming to keep me to his chest as Eris comes behind me.

The D'Silvettas stand between us, Dela in front of Jasper.

And none of them say a thing, allowing me to hear Atlas's noise of pain.

"Wait-" I squeak, struggling to pull away from Jasper. "-wait. He just, he just does that- -mother duckling- -sometimes. And just, stop!"

Finally squirming my way out of his arms, I break from Jasper and stomp over to his sister and her boyfriend -with his hands snapping out to my hips as he follows closely behind me.

"Let him-" I squeak. "-go."

"Fuck!" Nyx hisses, tightening her hold. "I'm trying to be nice too."